“Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home” quotes(1986)
Plot – In the 23rd century, Admiral James T. Kirk desperately needs to capture two whales to solve serious ecologic and energetic issues on his planet. Since whales extinguished, Kirk and his crew travel back through time and space to California, in 1986. Their target is Sausalito’s aquarium, but the responsible for the animals’ safeguard, the scientist Gillian Taylor, stops them. When she realizes that the whales are going to be sent away, Gillian helps Kik, ending up living with him and the whales in the 23rd century.
All actors – William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, James Doohan, George Takei, Walter Koenig, Nichelle Nichols, Jane Wyatt, Catherine Hicks, Mark Lenard, Robin Curtis, Robert Ellenstein, John Schuck, Brock Peters, Michael Snyder, Michael Berryman, Mike Brislane, Grace Lee Whitney, Jane Wiedlin, Vijay Amritraj, Majel Barrett, Nick Ramus, Thaddeus Golas, Marty Pistone, Scott DeVenney, Viola Kates Stimpson, Phil Rubenstein, John Miranda, Joe Knowland, Bob Sarlatte, Everett Lee, Richard Harder, Alex Henteloff, Tony Edwards, Eve Smith, Tom Mustin, Greg Karas, Raymond Singer, David Ellenstein, Judy Levitt, Teresa E. Victor, James Menges, Kirk R. Thatcher, Jeff Lester, Joe Lando, Newell Tarrant, Mike Timoney, Jeffrey Martin, Joseph Naradzay, Donald W. Zautcke, Joseph Adamson, Monique DeSart, Stephen Liska, Madge Sinclairshow all
“Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home” Quotes 30 quotes
“- Kirk: This is good-bye?
- Dr. Gillian Taylor: Why does it have to be good-bye?
- Kirk: Well, like they say in your century, I don't even have your telephone number.”
“Admiral, if we were to assume these whales were ours to do with as we pleased, we would be as guilty as those who caused their extinction.”
“- Dr. Gillian Taylor: Wait a minute. How did you know Gracie's pregnant? Nobody knows that.
- Spock: Gracie does.”
“They say the sea is cold, but the sea contains the hottest blood of all.”
“- Ambassador Sarek: Do you have a message for your mother?
- Spock: Yes. Tell her I feel fine.”
“- Vulcan Computer: What was Kiri-Kin-Tha's first law of metaphysics?
- Spock: Nothing unreal exists.”
“It is difficult to answer, when one does not understand the question.”
“Our mission? Spock, you're talking about the end of every life on Earth! You're half human. Haven't you got any goddamn feelings about that?”
“Damage control is easy. Reading Klingon - that's hard.”
“- McCoy: You realize of course that if we give him the formula we're altering the future.
- Scotty: Why? How do we know he didn't invent the thing?”
“- Scotty: Hello, computer.
- Dr. Nichols: Just use the keyboard.
- Scotty: Keyboard. How quaint.”
“- Amanda: Spock, does the good of the many outweigh the good of the one?
- Spock: I would accept that as an axiom.
- Amanda: Then you stand here alive because of a mistake made by your flawed, feeling, human friends. They have sacrificed their futures because they believed that the good of the one - you - was more important to them.
- Spock:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- McCoy: This woman has immediate postprandial, upper-abdominal distention. Now, out of the way! Get out of the way!
- Kirk: What did you say she has?
- McCoy: Cramps.”
“- Dr. Gillian Taylor: Don't tell me! You're from outer space.
- Kirk: No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space.”
- Spock: Your use of language has altered since our arrival. It is currently laced with, shall we say, more colorful metaphors, "double dumb-ass on you" and so forth.
- Kirk: Oh, you mean the profanity?
- Spock: Yes.
- Kirk: Well that's simply the way they talk here. Nobody pays any attention to you unless you swear every other word.
“- Shore Patrolman: How's the patient, doctor?
- Kirk: He's gonna make it.
- Shore Patrolman: He? You came in with a she.
- Kirk: One little mistake...”
“- Kirk: If we play our cards right, we may be able to find out when those whales are being released.
- Spock: How will playing cards help?”