William Sadler quotes
“Maybe I don't take myself quite as seriously as I used to, but the work has gotten better and more interesting, and I'm just having more fun.”
“- Frank Hamer: You know, your boy may not have been... born with a dark soul, but he has one now.
- Henry Barrow: You're not hearing me, mister. I'm trying to say something. It ain't easy for me to say. I know there's only one way that this thing is ever gonna end. And I'm asking you, please... just end it now, damn it. End it for my family.”
“I love doing comedy, and I don't get a chance to much. I get to play lots of serious people and killers.”
“I think good acting is always character acting.”
“- Irene Reppler: Jim Grondin. I had you in school, didn't I?
- Jim: Yes, ma'am. Me and my sister Pauline.
- Irene Reppler: Pair of underachievers.”
“- Dante Marcus: 240 bucks for breakfast?
- Valet: It is the most important meal of the day.”
“Haven't you ever wanted to just disappear, lunch boy? Poof, you're gone? You'd be surprised how interesting people become when they think you're really stupid.”
- John McClane: Hey, Colonel. Blow me! How much drug money is Esperanza paying you to turn traitor?
- Stuart: I think Cardinal Richilieu said it best: "Treason is merely a matter of dates". This country's got to learn that it can't keep cutting the legs off of men like General Esperanza. Men who have the guts to stand up against Communist... (continue)(continue reading)
- Samantha Coleman: Colonel Stuart, can I have a few words, please?
- Stuart: You can have two: "fuck" and "you".
“- Colonel Frank Madden: How's it gonna feel if you kill me?
- Solo: Good question, let's find out.”
“- Frank Sutton: So you're a tough guy, huh?
- Harry Madox: No, you're the tough guy. I'm worse.”
“This town sucks for heroes.”
“- Ellis Boyd 'Red' Redding: These walls are funny. First you hate 'em, then you get used to 'em. Enough time passes, you get so you depend on them. That's institutionalized.
- Heywood: Shit. I could never get like that.
- Ernie: Oh yeah? Say that when you been here as long as Brooks has.
- Ellis Boyd 'Red' Redding: Goddamn right. They send you...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Don't overlook my butt, I work out all the time. And reaping burns a lot of calories.”
- Heywood: The Count of Monte Crisco...
- Floyd: That's "Cristo" you dumb shit.
- Heywood: ...by Alexandree Dumb-ass. Dumb-ass.
- Andy Dufresne: Dumb-ass? "Dumas". You know what it's about? You'll like it, it's about a prisonbreak.
- Ellis Boyd 'Red' Redding: We oughta file that under "Educational" too, oughten we?
“First rule when dealing with the devil: don't.”