Alessandro Nivola quotes
“Beauty isn't everything. It's the only thing.”
“I realize now that her being a woman will prevent her from ever becoming a man.”
“I live right under the Hollywood sign, so that every day when I drive home I'm reminded of why I'm here.”
“One of the pleasures of being an actor, is kind of getting out of yourself and trying to stretch and reshape yourself into someone else that's had a very different kind of experience. Obviously you bring whatever you know about life and about the way that people behave and everything to a performance.”
“There are so many things that have to go right for a movie to be good that it's a miracle whenever one is.”
“Acting can be very selfish and all-consuming.”
“Karate is a way of communicating.”
“Kick with your fists and punch with your feet.”
“Not only does it represent my black belt in karate but it also helps keep my pants up.”
“- Billy Brennan: Mr. Kirby, when you climbed K2, did you base camp at twenty-five or thirty thousand feet?
- Paul Kirby: Thirty thousand feet, we were pretty close to the top.
- Billy Brennan: You were about a thousand feet above, actually.”
“She's a diamond among a sea of glass.”
“- Billy Brennan: You like computers, right?
- Dr. Grant: I like the abacus, Billy.”
“- Henry Crawford: What? A compliment? Heavens rejoice, she complimented me!
- Fanny Price: I complimented your dancing, Mr. Crawford, keep your wig on.”
“- Henry Crawford: You dance like an angel, Miss Price.
- Fanny Price: One does not dance like an angel alone, Mr. Crawford.”
“- Paul Kirby: What was that?
- Billy Brennan: That's a Tyrannosaurus.
- Dr. Grant: I don't think so. It sounds bigger.”
“- Henry Crawford: There is only one happiness in life: to love and be loved.
- Fanny Price: Mr. Crawford, do not speak nonsense.
- Henry Crawford: Nonsense?
- Fanny Price: You are such a fine speaker that I'm afraid you may actually end in convincing yourself.”