Alessandro Nivola quotes
“Beauty isn't everything. It's the only thing.”
“I realize now that her being a woman will prevent her from ever becoming a man.”
“One of the pleasures of being an actor, is kind of getting out of yourself and trying to stretch and reshape yourself into someone else that's had a very different kind of experience. Obviously you bring whatever you know about life and about the way that people behave and everything to a performance.”
“- Henry Crawford: There is only one happiness in life: to love and be loved.
- Fanny Price: Mr. Crawford, do not speak nonsense.
- Henry Crawford: Nonsense?
- Fanny Price: You are such a fine speaker that I'm afraid you may actually end in convincing yourself.”
“I live right under the Hollywood sign, so that every day when I drive home I'm reminded of why I'm here.”
“There are so many things that have to go right for a movie to be good that it's a miracle whenever one is.”
“Acting can be very selfish and all-consuming.”
“Karate is a way of communicating.”
“Kick with your fists and punch with your feet.”
“Not only does it represent my black belt in karate but it also helps keep my pants up.”
“- Billy Brennan: Mr. Kirby, when you climbed K2, did you base camp at twenty-five or thirty thousand feet?
- Paul Kirby: Thirty thousand feet, we were pretty close to the top.
- Billy Brennan: You were about a thousand feet above, actually.”
“She's a diamond among a sea of glass.”
“- Billy Brennan: You like computers, right?
- Dr. Grant: I like the abacus, Billy.”
“- Henry Crawford: What? A compliment? Heavens rejoice, she complimented me!
- Fanny Price: I complimented your dancing, Mr. Crawford, keep your wig on.”
“- Henry Crawford: You dance like an angel, Miss Price.
- Fanny Price: One does not dance like an angel alone, Mr. Crawford.”
“- Paul Kirby: What was that?
- Billy Brennan: That's a Tyrannosaurus.
- Dr. Grant: I don't think so. It sounds bigger.”