Lukas Haas quotes
“Music represents me better. I'm not acting; I'm just expressing myself.”
“In choosing any role, I ask the same questions: what kind of part is it? is the role challenging? does the director have a vision? is the story moving? etc.”
“- Jones: Those pelts are stolen.
- Elk Dog: You all have stolen everything from us. Everything! The land. The animals.”
“- Eli Lapp: You know these bad men by sight? You are able to look into their hearts and see this badness?
- Samuel: I can see what they do. I have seen it.
- Eli Lapp: And having seen you become one of them? Don't you understand?”
“- Eli Lapp: This gun of the hand is for the taking of human life. We believe it is wrong to take a life. That is only for God. Many times wars have come and people have said to us: you must fight, you must kill, it is the only way to preserve the good. But Samuel, there's never only one way. Remember that. Would you kill another man?
- Samuel: I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- John Baker Jr: You make everything look so different to me Patty...
- Patty Vare: Like what?
- John Baker Jr: Like everything... everything else just seems pointless comparing to being with you, like... what am I doing in school? I don't know...”
“- John Baker Jr: I knew this will happen...
- Patty Vare: What will happen?
- John Baker Jr: That I get turn out.
- Patty Vare: You get turn out the school?
- John Baker Jr: Not yet... but I look at you and I knew that I would be...”
“I want to thank my Grandma for always being so good to me, and, and for helping save the world and everything.”
“- Buddy: Curiosity killed the cat.
- Rose: It's satisfaction that killed it.”
“- Mary Liz Wetherly: Have a banana.
- Scottie Wetherly: You never gave me one before.
- Mary Liz Wetherly: I did now.
- Carol Wetherly: There may not be any... more for a while.”
“- John Book: The man who was killed tonight was a policeman, and it's my job to find out what happened. I want you to tell me everything you saw when you went into the bathroom.
- Samuel: There were two.
- John Book: There were two men?
- Samuel: I only saw one.”