Laura Linney quotes
“People said their marriage was troubled and unhappy. That they lived mostly separate lives. But I never saw that. That's not how they seemed when they were together.”
“When you kill someone, you rob their family - not just of a loved one, but of their humanity. You harden their hearts with hate, you take away their capacity for civilized dispassion, you condemn them to bloodlust.”
“- Rebecca Vincent: What are you, superheroes?
- Raphael: Just four brothers who hate bullies, and love this city!”
“No more promises were made so none could be broken.”
“- Meryl Burbank: You let me out, Truman. You're not right in the head. You want to destroy yourself you do it on your own.
- Truman Burbank: I think I'd like a little company.”
“A king knows what to do and does it. Even when it's hard.”
“We all eventually turn into our mothers.”
“- Sammy: I don't know what the Church's official position is on fornication and adultery these days, and I felt really hypocritical not saying anything to you about it before, but... what is the official position these days?
- Ron: Well... it's a sin.
- Sammy: Good, I think it should be!”
“Do you know what it's like to be the only kid in the first grade who got to talk about visiting day?”
“You know, I admit I may not be the best mother in the world, but I'm doing the best I know how, and he doesn't need you to rub his face in shit because you think it's good for him! He's gonna find out that the world is a horrible place and that people suck soon enough and without any help from you!”
“A civilized society must live with a hard truth: he who seeks revenge digs two graves.”
“Doing the right thing has power.”
“A magnetic personality doesn't necessarily indicate a good heart.”
“Half-fed slaves building our nation's Capitol. What possible good can come from such a place?”
- John Klein: You know, when Mary got sick, I couldn't help thinking: "This isn't real. I can stop this. I know I can. I can stop this".
- Connie Mills: No one can stop it, John. Listen to me. Planes are gonna crash. Earthquakes are going to happen. People you know and love are going to die. And no matter what that voice tells you, there's... (continue)(continue reading)
“You work so hard not to be seen as a sex object. Before long, you're not seen at all.”