- Movie quotes
- Drop Dead Gorgeous
“Drop Dead Gorgeous” quotes
Title Drop Dead Gorgeous
Michael Patrick Jann
Plot – In a small town in Minnesota, the annual beauty contest is broadcasted. The ex-Miss Gladys Leeman wants her daughter Becky to compete, but another girl is aspiring to win the title, Amber Atkins.
All actors – Kirsten Dunst, Ellen Barkin, Allison Janney, Denise Richards, Kirstie Alley, Sam McMurray, Mindy Sterling, Brittany Murphy, Amy Adams, Laurie A. Sinclair, Shannon Nelson, Tara Redepenning
“- Amber Atkins: My mom never hid the fact that my dad chose his career over us. What was it she always said?
- Loretta: Once a carnie, always a carnie.
- Amber Atkins: Mom still cries every time she sees a tilt-a-whirl or a fat lady in a tube top.”
“I'd have good strong roots in a town like Mt. Rose, a solid Christian trunk, and long, leafy branches to provide shade for handicapped kids on a hot summer day.”
“To live in a country where you can take an ugly old mountain and put faces on it, faces of great Americans who did so much to make our country super great. Well, that makes me Rebecca Leeman, proud to be an American.”
“- Gladys Leeman: [wearing her old pageant outfit] And can you believe it, they still fit!
- Loretta: She had a big ass then, she's got a big ass now.”
“- Loretta: You are a good person. Good things happen to good people.
- Amber Atkins: Really?
- Loretta: No. It's pure bullshit, sweetie. You're lucky as hell, so you might as well enjoy it.”
“- Loretta: She's the prettiest, ya know. Best damn tapper. The most smartest.
- Annette Atkins: Most smartest? Oh, that's great, you're real educated. Most smartest! Get a picture of that, most smartest!
- Loretta: Most smartest.”
“- Annette Atkins: Honey, honey, come talk to Mommy. I promise, whatever it is, I won't be mad.
- Amber Atkins: Okay, I'm quitting the pageant.
- Annette Atkins: [grabs Amber Atkins by the shirt and begins hitting her with a beer can] What?”
“I was Mount Rose American Teen Princess 1945. We were at war with the Japs. Didn't even get to keep my damn tiara. Had to turn it in for scrap.”
“- Terry Macy, State Pagent: Somebody call a doctor!
- Colleen Douglas, State Pagent: A doctor? Somebody call a priest!”
“With one week to go before the pageant, I was finishing my outfit, rehearsing my talent, brushing up on current events, and running 18 miles a day on about 400 calories. I was ready.”
I can sum up our entire philosophy with this glass. I can look at it and say it's half-full, which in the beauty pageant biz means "where the hell's my waiter?".
I don't eat shellfish. Mom always says, "don't ever eat nothin' that can carry its house around with it. Who knows the last time it's been cleaned".
- Amber Atkins: Mom? Mom?
- Fireman: Whoa, whoa, whoa... you family?
- Loretta: No, she's just yelling "mom, mom" because she has Tourettes! She's Annette's kid dipshit.
“- Colleen Douglas, State Pagent: Look at that one there. I think that she's had a boob job.
- Terry Macy, State Pagent: Oh, come on. She's too young for a boob job.
- Colleen Douglas, State Pagent: They do that at birth now, what are you talking about?”
“- Annette Atkins: [walks in and sees the camera crew] Aw, shit.
- Amber Atkins: Oh, they're from Los Angeles. They wanted to see my room and film me for their movie.
- Annette Atkins: Yah, well, if they ask you to take your top off, get the money first.”
“I am reaching the point where I would kill someone for the nicotine under their fingernails.”
“- Documentarian: Do you think that most people would say that teenage beauty pageants are a good idea?
- Gladys Leeman: Oh yeah, sure. I know what some of your big city, no-bra-wearing, hairy-legged women libbers might say. They might say that a pageant is old-fashioned and demeaning to the girls.”
“- Lars Larson: You have to go home. There's some kind of emergency at the trailer park.
- Amber Atkins: Relax, that's my ma's code for bring home milk and a carton of Lucky's.
- Lars Larson: No, Loretta called; there's been a fire!”
“- Candy Striper: Hello Miss Sad Pants, and her friend, Serious Sally! How about a nice cool mint to help turn those frowns upside down?
- Loretta: Do you think a nice cool mint would help if I shoved your head up your ass?”