“Torch Song Trilogy” quotes(1988)
All actors – Anne Bancroft, Matthew Broderick, Harvey Fierstein, Brian Kerwin, Karen Young, Eddie Castrodad, Ken Page, Charles Pierce, Axel Vera, Benji Schulman, Nick Montgomery, Robert Nearyshow all
“Torch Song Trilogy” Quotes 31 quotes
“If you have an I.Q. of over 30, then there is no God.”
“There's one more thing you better understand. I have taught myself to sew, cook, fix plumbing, build furniture - I can even pat myself on the back when necessary - all so I don't have to ask anyone for anything. There's nothing I need from anyone except for love and respect and anyone who can't give me those two things has no place in my life.”
“You cheated me out of your life and then blamed me for not being there.”
“- Arnold Beckoff: Ma... I miss him.
- Ma Beckoff: Give yourself time, Arnold. It gets better... But, Arnold, it never goes away. You can work longer hours, adopt a son, fight with me, whatever... it'll still be there. But that's all right, it becomes a part of you, like learning to wear a ring or a pair of eyeglasses. You get used to it. And...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ma Beckoff: Friend-friend, or euphemism-friend?
- David: He used to be a euphemism, now he's just a friend.”
It kills me to know that they look at me and all they can think is, "Where did we go wrong?".
“Just because I said that's what I wanted doesn't mean that's what I wanted. I mean, it may be what I wanted, but that doesn't mean I'm necessarily ready for it.”
“Did anyone every tell you you have a really sexy voice? Is that natural or do you have a cold?”
“- Arnold Beckoff: I know you'll find this hard to comprehend, but I want more out of life than meeting a pretty face and sitting down on it.
- Murray: Graphically put!”
“- Bertha Venation: Personally, I never enjoy sex with someone I know.
- Arnold Beckoff: Our Lady of High Standards!”
“In order to be a real dame you've got to kneel before a queen!”
“- Arnold Beckoff: Do you ever think before you speak?
- Alan Simon: No. Why? Do you?
- Arnold Beckoff: Frequently. It helps to pass the time while you're speaking.”
“At 13 I knew everything. Senility set in sometime after that.”
“- Arnold Beckoff: Try and imagine the world the other way around. Imagine every book, every magazine, every TVshow, every movie was telling you you should be homosexual. You know you're not, but...
- Ma Beckoff: Stop already, you're talking crazy.
- Arnold Beckoff: You wanna know what's crazy? After all these years I'm still sitting here trying...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Let's get one thing straight first. A: I want children and B: if anyone asks: I'm the pretty one.”
“Arnold, I'm forty years old. You know what that means? It's time for me to stop screwing around. This time I've spent with you and David is the closest thing to whatever it is I want.”
“You want meaningful conversation? Do what I do, talk to yourself. It's the only way.”
“You want to be a part of my life, I'm not editing out the things you don't like!”