“Ghost World” quotes(2001)
Plot – In their post-high school difficulties, Enid and Rebecca find themselves slowly drifting apart. Despite their silly quarrels, they keep hanging out and enjoying each other's company. Enid does not really know what she wants from her relationships. Answering a particularly pathetic personal ad, the two girls cross paths with Seymour, a lonely collector of jazz and blues 78 records.
All actors – Thora Birch, Scarlett Johansson, Steve Buscemi, Brad Renfro, Illeana Douglas, Bob Balaban, Stacey Travis, Charles C. Stevenson Jr., Dave Sheridan, Tom McGowan, Debra Azar, Brian George, Pat Healy, Honorine Bell, T.J. Thyne, Ezra Buzzington, Lindsey Girardot, Joy Bisco, Venus DeMilo, Ashley Peldon, Chachi Pittman, Janece Jordan, Kaileigh Brielle Martin, Alexander Fors, Marc Vann, James Sie, Paul Keith, David Cross, J.J. Bad Boy Jones, Dylan Jones, Martin Grey, Steve Pierson, Jake La Botz, Johnny Irion, Nate Wood, Charles Schneider, Sid Hillman, Joshua Wheeler, Patrick Fischler, Daniel Graves, Matt Doherty, Joel Michaely, Debi Derryberry, Joseph Sikora, Brett Gilbert, Alex Solowitz, Tony Ketcham, Mary Bogue, Brian Jacobs, Patrick Yonally, Lauren Bowles, Lorna Scott, Jeff Murray, Jerry Rector, John Bunnell, Diane Salinger, Anna Berger, Bruce Glover, Randall Barnwell, Tracy Bennett, Joan Blair, Michael Chanslor, Kacee DeMasi, Teri Garr, Alan Heitz, James Matusky, Edward T. McAvoy, Michelle McGinty, Margaret Kontra Palmer, Larry Parker, Greg Wendell Reid, Peter Yarrowshow all
“Ghost World” Quotes 29 quotes
“- Enid: We need to find a place where you can go to meet women who share your interests.
- Seymour: Well, maybe I don't want to meet someone who shares my interests. I hate my interests.
- Enid: Yeah, yeah, just list your five main interests in order of importance.
- Seymour: Uh... I'd have to put traditional jazz, blues and then ragtime at the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I can't relate to 99% of humanity.”
“- Enid: You know what we should do? We should just get in your car right now, and just drive off. Just find some totally new place and start a whole new life. Fuck everybody.
- Seymour: I'm... I'm not in any good condition to drive.
- Enid: I'm serious! I'm just so sick of everybody. Why can't I just do what I want?
- Seymour: What do you...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Enid: You're a cool guy, Seymour!
- Seymour: If I'm so cool how come I haven't had a girlfriend in, like, four years? I can't even remember the last time a girl talked to me.
- Enid: I'm talking to you. You know, I bet there are tons of women who would go out with you in a minute. I know I could organize you a date in, like, two seconds.”
“- Enid: How come in all that time I was trying to get you a date, you never asked me out?
- Seymour: You're a beautiful young girl, I couldn't imagine you'd have any interest in me except as an amusingly cranky eccentric curiosity.
- Enid: At least you're not like every other stupid guy in the world. All they care about is guitars or sports.
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Enid: I think only stupid people have good relationships.
- Seymour: That's the spirit.”
“- Soda Customer: Hi, can I get a medium 7-Up?
- Enid: Medium? Why sir, do you not know that for a mere 25 cents more you can purchase a large beverage? And you know, I'm only telling because we're such good friends, medium is really only for suckers who don't know the concept of value.”
“You think it's healthy to obsessively collect things? You can't connect with other people, so you fill your life with stuff. I'm just like all the rest of these pathetic collector losers.”
“- Enid: Aren't you going to get that?
- Seymour: Let the machine get it. I have no desire to talk to anyone who might be calling me.”
“- Enid: You know what my number one fantasy used to be?
- Seymour: What?
- Enid: I used to think about one day, just not telling anyone, and going off to some random place. And I'd just... disappear. And they'd never see me again. Did you ever think about stuff like that?
- Seymour: I guess I probably did when I was your age.”
“- Paul, the Fussy Guy - Record Collector: It has a enlarged centre hole and a hair-crack.
- Seymour: But the crack is so tight it's completely inaudible.
- Paul, the Fussy Guy - Record Collector: But a tight hair-crack is just that - a crack. I don't collect cracked records. I only pay premium on mint records. Seymour, you know that. Please.
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Maxine: It's really quite something to see you all grown-up like this, Enid. I'd love to know what you're doing now. I can't help but feel I had some small part in how you turned out. What are you studying? You were always such a smart little girl.
- Enid: I'm taking a remedial high school art class for fuck-ups and retards.”
“- Enid: I bet he's in there jerking off.
- Rebecca: I bet he never jerks off.
- Enid: Yeah, he's beyond human stuff like that.”
“- Rebecca: So, what do you do if you're a Satanist anyway?
- Enid: Sacrifice virgins and stuff.
- Rebecca: Well, that lets us off the hook.”
“- Enid: I don't know... I kinda like him. He's the exact opposite of everything I really hate. In a way, he's such a clueless dork, he's almost kinda cool.
- Rebecca: That guy is many things but he's definetely not cool.”