Charlie Hunnam quotes
“Weakness is tiring, but strength is exhausting.”
“I was the best of the best, able to shut down, control, manipulate; all basic human instincts towards one goal: The completion of my mission. But the effects of committing extreme violence on other human beings are biological and physiological. That's the price of being a warrior.”
“- Vortigern: You and I have a lot more in common than you think. It's not just the same blood we share, but also the same interests. We both developed a palate for power.
- Arthur: I've never had any power, or any desire to achieve it. Sire, I could simply drift away never to be seen again.
- Vortigern: As much as I would like to believe you,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Why have enemies when you can have friends?”
“- Brown: What am I guilty of?
- Ray: Being a cunt, Brown. Being a cunt.”
“It ain't easy being king.”
“There's an old saying, 'That which doesn't kill you, makes you stronger' I don't believe that. I think the things that try to kill you make you angry and sad. Strength comes from the good things - your family, your friends, the satisfaction of hard work. Those are the things that'll keep you whole. Those are the things to hold on to when you're...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It's hard not to hate. People, things, institutions, when they break your spirit and take pleasure in watching you bleed, hate is the only feeling that makes sense. But I know what hate does to a man, tears him apart, turn him into something he's not, something he promised himself that he'd never become. ”
“Sometimes my life feels like a deadly balancing act, when I feel slamming up against what I should do, impulsive reactions racing to solutions miles ahead of my brain. When I look at my day, I realize that most of it was spend cleaning up the damage of the day before. In that life I don't have a future, all I have is distraction and remorse.”
“Something happens at around 92 miles an hour—thunder-headers drown out all sound, engine vibrations travels at a heart's rate, field of vision funnels into the immediate and suddenly you're not on the road, you're in it. A part of it. Traffic, scenery, cops—just cardboard cutouts blowing over as you pass. Sometimes I forget the rush of that....” (continue)(continue reading)
“I now understand why being a leader requires isolation. I have to remove myself from those whose lives were affected by my decisions. Those I love as well as those I hate. It's getting more and more difficult to be a brother when my decisions are the ones a father has to make. I now realize that every time I make a decision effects everyone...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Every time I think maybe I'm heading in the right direction, I end up in a place I never even knew could feel this bad.”
“There are definitely worse people to be compared with. I think Brad Pitt makes interesting decisions.”
“Everybody, at some point in their life, has fallen down and not felt like getting back up, but you have to, no matter how difficult it is.”
“Good-quality travel and good-quality food are the two luxuries that I never have any guilt indulging in.”
“It's generally more fun playing the villain.”
“I'll talk, I'm happy to talk. But there is no way that I am fighting.”
“- Arthur: So what happens now?
- Vortigern: You know what happens now. You're quickly becoming a legend.”
“- Vortigern: What kind of man would you have become if had you inherited your father's kingdom and all its advantages instead of being raised in a brothel? What gave you such drive, hmmm?
- Arthur: You wanted to know what gave me such drive. It was you. You put me in that brothel. You cut me on the streets. I am here now because of you. You...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Back Lack: What a waste of brandy.
- Arthur: But doesn't it make the palace burn well?”
“- Bill: You've made quite a celebrity of yourself among the Blackleg ranks.
- Bedivere: You've done very nicely on the back of your cozy relationship with your King's men.
- Arthur: I'm a little old for finger-wagging and speeches. So unless you're my dad, which... I believe is unlikely, can you just get around to telling me exactly what it is...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Bosie: I give you my gun and you'll shoot me dead.
- Inman: I will not shoot you, but nor am I walking down that mountain looking over my shoulder for you.
- Bosie: That's what you call a conundrum. I tell you what I've got on my side.
- Inman: What have you got on your side?
- Bosie: The confidence of youth.”
“Sopranos, this piece was written by monks who believed in God. They're singing not to other monks, but to God. They're singing to God about God. And you think I'm a tough audience.”