Ken Watanabe quotes
“- Senator Williams: You'd want to make Godzilla our pet.
- Dr. Ishiro Serizawa: No. We will be his.”
“Tomorrow the world will watch in horror as its greatest city destroys itself. The movement back to harmony will be unstoppable this time.”
“- Saito: If you can steal an idea, why can't you plant one there instead?
- Arthur: Okay, this is me, planting an idea in your mind. I say: don't think about elephants. What are you thinking about?
- Saito: Elephants?
- Arthur: Right, but it's not your idea. The dreamer can always remember the genesis of the idea. True inspiration is impossible...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Don't you want to take a leap of faith? Or become an old man, filled with regret, waiting to die alone!”
“When a forest grows too wild, a purging fire is inevitable and natural.”
“- General Tadamichi Kuribayashi: You are quite a soldier.
- Saigo: No, just a simple baker.”
“For our homeland. Until the very last man. Our duty is to stop the enemy right here. Do not expect to return home alive.”
“- Saito: Have you come to kill me? I've been waiting for someone...
- Cobb: Someone from a half remembered dream.
- Saito: Cobb? Impossible. We were young men together. I'm an old man.”
“- Katsumoto: I will die by the sword. My own, or my enemy's.
- Nathan Algren: Then let it be your enemy's.”
“- Katsumoto: I like this General Custer.
- Nathan Algren: He was a murderer who fell in love with his own legend. And his troopers died for it.”
“The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.”
“The whole war may be futile. But would you give up then?”
“A good officer uses his head, not his whip.”
“If someone stands in the way of true justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart.”
“None of us find as much happiness in this life as we should.”
“Everything happens in threes.”
“You have to savor life while you can.”
“The United States is the last country in the world that Japan should fight.”
“If our children can live safely for one more day it would be worth the one more day that we defend this island.”