Timothy Hutton quotes
“Here's one thing I can't understand: people who are friends with their exes.”
“I can't play Pooh to your Christopher Robin.”
“I know a thing or two about predatory behavior, and what once was a legitimate intelligence agency is now being used on weaker governments.”
“It wouldn't have made a difference. I freely chose my response to this absurd world. If given the opportunity, I would have been more vigorous.”
“- Brian Moreland: Sir, how could they do this?
- General Harlan Bache: With the stroke of a pen, sir. Their field of honor was a desktop.”
- Conrad "Con" Jarrett: You tell her to stop it! You never tell her a goddamn thing! And I know why she never came to the hospital because she was too busy going to goddamn Spain and goddamn Portugal! Why should she care if I'm hung up by the balls out there!
- Beth Jarrett: Maybe this is how they sit around and talk at the hospital, but we're... (continue)(continue reading)
“Eugene, have you ever thought about the idea that everything that happens, every action, causes a reaction? I mean, no matter how far away or obscure? Ah. A butterfly flaps its wings in Tibet, a car gets a flat in Toronto, a guy gets a blow job in Bangkok. All connected. All subject to the linkages of cause and effect, even if comprehensible...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Conrad "Con" Jarrett: I made a 74 on a trig quiz.
- Beth Jarrett: Oh really? Gosh I was awful at trig.
- Conrad "Con" Jarrett: Oh. Really? You took trig?
- Beth Jarrett: No... wait a minute... ha, did I take trig? Huh... anyway, I bought you two shirts, they're on your bed.
“- Martin Geldheart: What is the one thing that landscape architecture requires?
- Art Student: A social motif.
- Martin Geldheart: Right.”
“In acting, you are fulfilled if you give justice to your role.”
“I've enjoyed watching 'Lost.' I'm a big fan of 'Mad Men.'”
“- Kent: Well, you ought to start getting alibis.
- Brenner: Okay, how about you?
- Kent: Home in bed when the tower called.
- Brenner: Ah-ha!
- Kent: Fuck off, Paul. Where were you last night?
- Brenner: I was too busy killing someone else. I didn't have time to kill two people.”
“- Brian Moreland: Don't let friendship keep you here.
- Alex Dwyer: Don't worry.”
“- Thad Beaumont: Sounds like the police have been in touch.
- Reggie Delesseps: They wanted me to confirm that you were a man of good character. I lied and told them that you were.”
“Most of us keep that inner-being lock up, hidden away. A fiction writer doesn't have to do that. He doesn't have to hide it. He doesn't have to keep it from anything. He can let it out, bring it out into the open. Let it live, let it breathe.”
“We have a home here. We think it's something worth defending.”
- Dr. Berger: It hurts to be mad at him, doesn't it?
- Conrad "Con" Jarrett: God, I loved him. It's not fair. You just do one wrong thing, and...
- Dr. Berger: And what was the one wrong thing you did? You know. You know.
- Conrad "Con" Jarrett: I hung on. I stayed with the boat.
- Dr. Berger: Exactly.
- Calvin "Cal" Jarrett: Connie! Your mother did come to the hospital, you know she did, she had the flu and couldn't come inside but she came to the hospital!
- Conrad "Con" Jarrett: She never would have had any flu if Buck was in the hospital, she would have come if Buck was in the hospital!
- Beth Jarrett: Buck never would have been in the... (continue)(continue reading)