Fredric March quotes
“My argument in defense of make-up stems to 1932 when I won an Academy Award for Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. At that time I too was a young leading man. I accepted the role because it afforded me the opportunity to do something besides smile and make love to lovely leading ladies.”
“Keep interested in others, keep interested in the wide and wonderful world. Then in a spiritual sense you will always be young.”
“- Anna Karenina: I didn't know you were going back to St. Petersburg so soon. Why this change of plan?
- Count Vronsky: Why? To be where you are.”
“One must never pardon an insult, but may freely give one.”
“When I leave you, I'm lost in a world of strangers. When I touch your hand, we're alone.”
“- Count Vronsky: I want my comrades and my career! And love isn't everything.
- Anna Karenina: One only says that when love is over.”
“Things one can't do, are the ones I want to.”
“Isn't Hyde a lover after your own heart?”
“- Poole: You should go out, sir. London offers many amusements for a gentlemen like you, sir.
- Dr. Henry Jekyll: Yes, but gentlemen like me daren't take advantage of them, Poole. Gentlemen like me have to be very careful of what we do or say.”
“- Count Vronsky: Our meetings are so brief, the dance also.
- Anna Karenina: But our reunions are so frequent.”
“I'm going to do everything I can to keep her away from you, to help her forget about you, and get her married to some decent guy who can make her happy.”
“- Anna Karenina: I feel pain. I feel tears.
- Count Vronsky: Why?
- Anna Karenina: Because I'm so happy. Not to think, only to live, only to feel.”
“Mere physical beauty isn't everything.”
“Ladies and gentlemen, William Shakespeare, the greatest author in the English language is dead... and I feel far from well myself.”
“I found out what a mine is anyway. It's a hole in the ground with a darn fool at the end of it.”
“- Al Stephenson: So you're gonna break this marriage up. Have you decided yet how you're gonna do it? Are you gonna do it with an axe?
- Peggy Stephenson: It's none of your business how I'm gonna do it. You've forgotten what it's like to be in love.”
“- Milly Stephenson: You're crazy.
- Al Stephenson: No. Too sane for my own good.”
“- Anna Karenina: We'll be punished.
- Count Vronsky: Punished?
- Anna Karenina: For being so happy.”
“I have no soul. I'm beyond the pale. I'm one of the living dead!”
“- Wallace Wooley: I'm afraid you've got a hangover.
- Daniel: Don't tell me what I've got! I invented the hangover. It was in 1892... B.C.”