Carey Mulligan quotes
“- Sonny Watts: You're a mother, Maud. You are a wife. You're my wife, and that's all you're meant to be.
- Maud Watts: What if I can't be that anymore?”
“All the bright precious things fade so fast, and they don't come back.”
“I've been everywhere and seen everything and done everything. I've had a very bad time, Nicky. I'm pretty cynical about everything.”
“- Inspector Arthur Steed: And there's nothing left but to stop you.
- Maud Watts: What are you gonna do? Lock us all up? We're in every home, we're half the human race, you can't stop us all.”
“- Maud Watts: You a suffragette, Mrs. Ellyn?
- Edith Ellyn: Yes, well I consider myself more a soldier, Mrs. Watts.”
“- Llewyn Davis: Well, I could say we should talk about this when you're less angry, but that would be... that'd be... when would that be?
- Jean: Fuck you!”
“Everything you touch turns to shit, you're like king Midas's idiot brother.”
“- Daisy Buchanan: I wish we could just run away.
- Jay Gatsby: Run away? No. Daisy, darling, that wouldn't be respectable. We're gonna live here, in this house. You and me.”
“- Inspector Arthur Steed: You might lose your life before this is over.
- Maud Watts: We will win.”
“- Inspector Arthur Steed: My job is to enforce the law.
- Maud Watts: It all means nothing to me, I’ve had no say in making it the law.”
“- Llewyn Davis: In my experience, the world's divided into two kinds of people. Those who divide the world into two kinds of people...
- Jean: And losers?”
“- Jean: Do you ever think of the future at all?
- Llewyn Davis: The future? You mean like flying cars? Hotels on the moon? Tang?”
“I should have had you wear double condoms. Well, we shouldn't have done it in the first place, but if you ever do it again, which as a favor to women everywhere, you should not, but if you do, you should be wearing condom on condom, and then wrap it in electrical tape. You should just walk around always inside a great big condom because you are...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Irene: What do you do?
- Driver: I drive.
- Irene: Like a limo driver?
- Driver: No, like, for movies.
- Irene: Oh. You mean all the car chases and stuff?
- Driver: Yeah.
- Irene: Isn't that dangerous?”