Anna Kendrick quotes
“When I look back on this, I won't remember performing and competing. I'm going to remember you weirdos.”
“- Christian Wolff: My father was an officer in the army. Psychological operations. He was concerned that I might be taken advantage of somehow, so he arranged for me to train with a number of specialists throughout my childhood. We lived in 34 homes in 17 years.
- Dana Cummings: You moved 34 times?
- Christian Wolff: Mm-hm.
- Dana Cummings: God,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I like finding things that aren't obvious.”
“- Ryan Bingham: Natalie, what is it you think we do here?
- Natalie Keener: We prepare the newly unemployed for the emotional and physical hurdles of job hunting, while minimizing legal blow-back.
- Ryan Bingham: That's what we're selling. It's not what we're doing. We are here to make limbo tolerable, to ferry wounded souls across the river of...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Dana Cummings: What is this place?
- Christian Wolff: Panamerica Airstream, 34ft 7inches long, 8ft 5 inches wide. Dimensions which are perfectly adequate for one person. Preferable, even.
- Dana Cummings: This is where you live?
- Christian Wolff: No, I don't live here, this is a storage unit, that would be weird.”
“How can you not think about that? How does it not cross your mind that you might want a future with someone?”
No, dad, I don't actually care. I just wanted to say "stepmonster".
“- Natalie Keener: I thought I'd be engaged by now. I thought by 23, I'd be married, maybe have a kid, corner office by day, entertaining at night. I was supposed to be driving a Grand Cherokee by now.
- Alex Gora: Well, life can underwhelm you that way. At a certain point, you stop with the deadlines. It can be a little counter-productive.”
“Sometimes it feels like, no matter how much success I have, it's not gonna matter until I find the right guy.”
“I can't concentrate on anything you're saying until you cover your junk.”
“- Ryan Bingham: You know that moment when you look into somebody's eyes and you can feel them staring into your soul and the whole world goes quiet... just for a second?
- Natalie Keener: Yes!
- Ryan Bingham: Right, well, I don't.”
“- Ryan Bingham: Never get behind old people. Their bodies are littered with hidden metal and they never seem to appreciate how little time they have left. Bingo, Asians. They pack light, travel efficiently, and they have a thing for slip on shoes. Gotta love 'em.
- Natalie Keener: That's racist.
- Ryan Bingham: I'm like my mother, I stereotype....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Natalie Keener: The isolation, the traveling is that supposed to be charming?
- Ryan Bingham: No, it's simply a life choice.
- Natalie Keener: It's a cocoon of self-banishment.”