“Failure to Launch” quotes(2006)
Plot – Tripp has never been able to leave the nest despite he's 35-years-old. His desperate parents have enough of the situation and engage the woman of Tripp's dreams to make him leave the house.
All actors – Matthew McConaughey, Sarah Jessica Parker, Zooey Deschanel, Justin Bartha, Bradley Cooper, Terry Bradshaw, Kathy Bates, Tyrel Jackson Williams, Katheryn Winnick, Rob Corddry, Patton Oswalt, Stephen Tobolowsky, Kate McGregor-Stewart, Adam Alexi-Malle, Gretchen Cleevely, Peter Jacobson, Jessica Stone, Stewart Skelton, Sarah Lilly, E.L. James, Aubrey Dollar, Anne Ewen, Tremelda D. Cobb, Jerrod Paige, Tim Stoltenberg, Summer Lee, Miladin Mutavdzic, Brian Jesiolowski, Larry Gamell Jr., Ilana Levine, Charles Dey, Phoebe Dey, , Michael Ahl, Lawrence Broughton, Melissa Caudle, Kristi Chalaire, Greg Cool, Kristin Michelle Duncil, Tyler Gatton, Debby Gaudet, Geoffrey Gould, Melodi Hallenbeck, Michele Harrington, Cynthia LeBlanc, Elton LeBlanc, Don Lincoln, Carter Mitchell, Mike Monroe, Pepper Morgan, Jody Nolan, Raymond Parker, Jon Purvis, Johnny Rock, Stephen Rue, Codie Scott, Dennis Thomas IV, Mageina Tovahshow all
“Failure to Launch” Quotes 31 quotes
“We've been out one time. She's a nice girl, I'm a nice guy, we had fun, and I must tell you nothing is doomed.”
“- Kit: I smell something. D'you smell something?
- Paula: Oh! Oh, Tripp and I had crab today.
- Kit: No, that's not it. I smell... fun.
- Paula: What?
- Kit: You are a dirty little fun-haver.”
“Believe me, I did not want that because I had a good life before you. Well, not good but it was okay. Well, it was empty, actually, but at least I was blissfully unaware of how miserable I was. Whereas now because of you I am acutely aware of how completely and totally unhappy I am. Thank you for that.”
“- Mr. Axelrod: You're gonna let her walk away?
- Tripp: I'm giving her space, Mr. Axelrod. Now, I'm going after her.”
“Nothing like the threat of decapitation to make it a little more interesting.”
“- Al: But how do you make sure that he'll fall in love with you?
- Paula: You look nice, you find out what they like, and then you pretend to like it, too.”
“- Paula: It's just coffee. You don't have to marry him.
- Kit: First of all, that's the geeky computer guy. It's bad enough I have to go out with a loser who still lives with his mom, but you led me to believe that it was the handsome minimum-wage slacker.
- Paula: No, I don't think that I did that.”
“- Tripp: So what do we do now?
- Paula: Actually, it's quite simple. You just have to decide. Do you want to spend the rest of your life having fun or do you want to spend it with me?
- Tripp: Hmm...
- Paula: Shut up! Not everything you say is perfect.”
“I don't see why it's so complicated. You like Tripp. Tell Tripp you like him.”
“We are men who still live at home. We're not here to apologize about who we are, how we do it, or who we live with. I'm looking around this table, hombres, and I see three winners, huh? And to every one of those out there who sees something different, I say bring it on, 'cause it's gonna take a stick of dynamite to get me out of my parents' house.”
“- Sue: We were good parents and now we're supposed to be done!
- Male BBQ Guest #1: Hey, I don't blame my kid for stayin'. Our place is much nicer than anything he can afford.
- Male BBQ Guest #2: Well, our son's a flight attendant. He travels so much, it doesn't make any sense to have his own apartment.
- Female BBQ Guest: Plus, he has a lot of...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ace: Point is, my friend, you are afraid of love.
- Tripp: I'm not afraid of love. I love love. Look, I've had a lot of girlfriends, right? And sometimes I'm the rebound guy; other times, when I get lucky, I'm the explore-new-areas-of-your-sexuality guy; but, every single time, we have fun. I have fun, they have fun; it's good for me, it's...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Paula: I'm Paula.
- Tripp: I'm Tripp.
- Paula: You know, usually I don't sleep with someone on the first date.
- Tripp: I don't think this counts as a first date.”
“- Melissa: I just feel really close to you.
- Tripp: You are really close to me.”
“Many young men who should be able to move out simply can't. It's called failure to launch.”