Zooey Deschanel quotes
- Elliot Moore: Do you remember our first date? You were so quiet.
- Alma Moore: You bought me the mood ring.
- Elliot Moore: It turned purple when you wore it.
- Alma Moore: Then you said "that means you're in love".
- Elliot Moore: Got you to talk, didn't it?
- Alma Moore: But then we checked the little paper chart and it turned out that it... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Kit: I smell something. D'you smell something?
- Paula: Oh! Oh, Tripp and I had crab today.
- Kit: No, that's not it. I smell... fun.
- Paula: What?
- Kit: You are a dirty little fun-haver.”
- Allison: I dated this guy and I was astounded at how perfectly content he was just living his life in this closed-off little box.
- Carl: I know, its so frustrating! just want to grab these people and shake them. Say: "Wake up you, you're missing out on a little thing called life".
“How do I know if anything you did was because you wanted to or because you were following some goddamn program?”
“- Mrs. Jones: [to Elliot Moore and Alma Moore] So what's with you two? Who's chasing who?
- Alma Moore: I'm sorry?
- Mrs. Jones: Ain't no time two people staring at each other, or standing still, loving both with their eyes are equal. Truth is, someone is chasing someone. That's the way we's built. So, who's chasing?
[Elliot Moore raises his hand]”
“- Matt Arnold: How about I shoot you in the hand?
- Jenny Herk: My first hand job.”
“I feel like songwriting is an experiment in empathy.”
“Getting older is awesome - because you get more practice.”
“Always the aim for me is making people feel like they are not alone.”
“- Paula: It's just coffee. You don't have to marry him.
- Kit: First of all, that's the geeky computer guy. It's bad enough I have to go out with a loser who still lives with his mom, but you led me to believe that it was the handsome minimum-wage slacker.
- Paula: No, I don't think that I did that.”
“It makes you kill yourself. Just when you thought there couldn't be any more evil that can be invented.”
“- Elliot Moore: If we're going to die, I want you to know something. I was in the pharmacy a while ago. There was a really good-looking pharmacist behind the counter. Really good-looking. I went up and asked her where the cough syrup was. I didn't even have a cough, and I almost bought it. I'm talking about a completely superfluous bottle of...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Samantha Harper: You're down in New York consulting with Lou Gerstner or the head of GE telling them how to buy South American countries but on the weekends, you fly back up here to hang out with the cop, do cop things, maybe go to cop mixers...
- Katie Burke: I like the cop.
- Samantha Harper: Yeah, um, I can see that.”
“- Arthur Dent: Let's go somewhere.
- Trillian: Definitely. Where'd you have in mind?
- Ford Perfect: I know this great restaurant at the end of the universe.”
“- Arthur Dent: I have to say, without the beard you look at least 80 years younger.
- Trillian: Well, maybe I'm de-evolving?
- Arthur Dent: Ha ha!
- Trillian: Ha ha!
- Arthur Dent: Well, I should inform you that I don't date single-celled organisms.”
“I don't see why it's so complicated. You like Tripp. Tell Tripp you like him.”
“- Carl: You did things and had friends and sang in rock bands and made life happen. You weren't scared of anything.
- Allison: You don't think I'm scared of anything? Who do you think I am? I'm scared of a lot of things.
- Carl: And I'm scared too. So let's be scared together.
- Allison: I don't know what you want me to say.
- Carl: So just say...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Arthur Dent: Normality? We can talk about normality until the cows come home.
- Ford Prefect: What is normal?
- Trillian: What is home?
- Zaphod Beeblebrox: What're cows?”
“- Lani Aliikai: Can I ask you something personal?
- Cody Maverick: Lani, we're in the shower together! Y'can say whatever you want.”
“- Allison: Am I going too fast for you?
- Carl: Nah. In fact, I think you should go faster. That way if we crash, at least I'll die. I just don't wanna be kept alive artificially.”
“- Marvin: I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
- Trillian: Well, we have something that may take your mind off it.
- Marvin: It won't work, I have an exceptionally large mind.”