“The Man in the Iron Mask” quotes(1998)
Plot – Athos lives peacefully with his son Raoul, Porthos is living a life of pleasure and Aramis is now a priest. Only D'Artagnan is still at the service of the King as Captain of the Musketeers. In 1662, the cruel and arrogant Louis XIV is the king of France. He is allowing the country to starve to death. Meanwhile, a mysterious man with a mask made of iron has been locked up in the Bastille for nearly 10 years. The Four Musketeers are back together to save the nation, to free the prisoner and to let someone worthy reign.
All actors – Leonardo DiCaprio, Jeremy Irons, John Malkovich, Gérard Depardieu, Gabriel Byrne, Anne Parillaud, Judith Godrèche, Edward Atterton, Peter Sarsgaard, Hugh Laurie, David Lowe, Brigitte Boucher, Matthew Jocelyn, Karine Belly, Emmanuel Guttierez, Christian Erickson, François Montagut, Andrew Wallace, Cécile Auclert, Sonia Backers, Vincent Nemeth, Joe Sheridan, Olivier Hémon, Michael Morris, Emmanuel Patron, Leonor Varela, Michael Hofland, Laura Fraser, Brigitte Auber, Jean-Pol Brissart, François Guillaumeshow all
“The Man in the Iron Mask” Quotes 30 quotes
“You want me to do the impossible and you want me to do it alone?”
“I have prayed every day for forgiveness. But now I realize that forgiveness must come from you before it can come from God.”
“Make love as if you don't care and fart whenever you wish.”
“If Porthos is determined to end his life, he's bound to seek the opportunity, isn't he?”
“D'Artagnan, I have never known a finer man than you nor cared more for a friend, but if this king harms my son merely to take a lover, then this king will become my enemy. And so will any man who stands between that enemy and me.”
“Once I, once all of us, believed in serving something greater than ourselves. Aramis had his faith, Porthos his lust for life, D'Artagnan his devotion and I had Raoul. But we all had a common dream. That one day we would finally be able to serve a king who was worthy of the throne. It is what we dreamt, what we bled for, and what we have waited...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It's a prison. There's no trouble getting in, the problems will come when we want to get out.”
“- Aramis: Why are you so glum?
- Porthos: I expected action. There was no fighting, there was no killing. I was useless.
- Aramis: Porthos, I grow tired of this attitude. You're surrounded by beauty, by intrigue, by danger. What more can a man want? The robins are singing, the pigeons are cooing. Can't you listen to their song?”
“I wear the mask. It does not wear me.”
“- D'Artagnan: You are constantly surrounded by beautiful women. Do you love any of them?
- King Louis: Quite frequently, actually.”
“Athos, if we fail in this - and we probably will - it will be an honor to die beside you.”
“I'm a genius, not an engineer.”
“- Athos: You came to restrain me?
- D'Artagnan: I came to give you hope.”
“I'd rather die covered in blood than an old man lying in my own piss.”
“- Athos: What gives you the right to judge me, to play God with the lives of others? Is it because you're so much holier than everyone else?
- Aramis: Well yes, there is that. But also because I'm more intelligent than anybody else.”
“- Porthos: Aramis! You sawed the beam! You knew I would I try to hang myself and you sawed the beam! Admit it. Admit it!
- Aramis: Of course I knew! And now that you've got the idea of killing yourself out of your head you can stop boring everyone and be useful for a change. And put some clothes on!”
“- King Louis: You think my affairs are empty...
- D'Artagnan: I think that it is possible for one man to love one woman all his life and be the better for it, yes.”
“- King Louis: I hear there was an incident at the Musketeers' gate, where a man came intent on killing me. Is it our policy now to let would-be assassins go free, d'Artagnan?
- D'Artagnan: He wished to kill his own pain. His son is dead. I can think of nothing worse.
- King Louis: What about losing your king?
- D'Artagnan: That depends on the king.”