Steve Coogan quotes
“Some people have a problem to deal with the past.”
“I'm a journalist, Philomena. We ask questions. We don't believe something just because we're told it's the truth.”
“Don't upset yourself. We don't know what we don't know.”
“The Catholic Church should go to confession, not you!”
“You don't need religion to lead a happy and balanced life.”
“Philomena Lee-But I don't wanna hate people. I don't wanna be like you. Look at you.
Martin Sixsmith-I'm angry.
Philomena Lee-Must be exhausting.”
“I don't believe in God, and I think He knows.”
“The end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.”
“- Oliver Hardy: I knew.
- Stan Laurel: Well, why didn't you tell me you knew?
- Oliver Hardy: I thought you already knew I knew.
- Stan Laurel: How could I know that you knew I knew?
- Oliver Hardy: What would my line be here?
- Stan Laurel: Uhm, now I know you knew, but I thought you knew I knew, but you were pretending not to know I knew.”
“- Stan Laurel: You can't have Hardy without Laurel.
- Hal Roach: That's what you think.”
“- Stan Laurel: How about I just punch you right on the nose? I haven't done that for a long time.
- Oliver Hardy: Can I poke you in the eye?
- Stan Laurel: You could wring my neck.
- Oliver Hardy: I think I'd rather poke you in the eye.”
“You know, when you watch our movies, nobody else in the stories knows us, and we don't know anybody either. It was just the two of us. All we had was each other.”
“- Stan Laurel: You'll be fine, Babe. Just lay off the horses, and don't get married again.
- Oliver Hardy: Oh, I didn't tell you. I proposed to Lucille.”
“- Oliver Hardy: What are all these Romans doing here?
- Stan Laurel: I don't know. Maybe there's a sale at the Forum.”
“I'm never getting married again. I'm just going to find a woman I don't like and buy her a house.”
“- Oliver Hardy: I'll miss us when we're gone.
- Stan Laurel: So will you.”
“I have so much anger. I feel like I've been raped. In the face!”
“Do you know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna cut you into string, ball you up and then bat you around for hoouurs in a game that only I understand.”
“- Valerie Da Vinci: It's some kind of monster!
- Silas Ramsbottom: Wait, that's not a monster! That's a man wearing shoulder pads. There's only one supervillain whose fashion sense is quite that dated...”