Winning quotes347 winning quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Agamemnon: Hector fights for his country! Achilles fights only for himself!
- Odysseus: I don't care about the man's allegiance, I care about his ability to win battles!”
“- Lisa Simpson: History is written by the winners, Dad.
- Homer Simpson: I thought it was written by losers.”
“Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?”
“- Al Rockoff: It bothers me that you let Pran stay in Cambodia because you wanted to win that fucking award and you knew you needed him!
- Sydney Schanberg: I had no idea that...
- Al Rockoff: The fuck you didn't! The fuck you didn't!”
“You're this perfectly beautiful thing. You can win or lose the game, all by yourself. You don't need me.”
“- Largo: Do you lose as gracefully as you win?
- James Bond: I don't know, I've never lost.”
“Wars are not won by evacuation.”
“How many of us you think they gonna kill in retaliation? With their 12-gauge pump-actions, their Colt automatics, their Remingtons, their helicopters, their tanks! We won't win that way, and I ain't talking about the Bible. I ain't talking what's right by God. I am talking facts. Cold, hard facts! Now you take two of them, and they take 10 of...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Samir Horn: I've been in a lot of battles. And it may have seemed like a suicide mission at the time, but we always had a plan to come home.
- Omar: You must be willing to sacrifice some of your pawns if you want to win the game.”
“- Slivko: Who'd win, tigers or cubs?
- Hank Marlow: A tiger would win, obviously. A cub's just a baby bear. Now wait till the bear gets bigger...”
“I've known the fear of losing but now I am almost too frightened to win.”
“- Daniel Ellsberg: If the public ever saw these papers they would turn against the war. Covert ops, guaranteed debt, rigged elections? It's all in there. Ike, Kennedy, Johnson... they violated the Geneva Convention. They lied to Congress and they lied to the public. They knew we couldn't win and still sent boys to die.
- Ben Bagdikian: What...” (continue)(continue reading)
“There's winners and there's nothing else.”
“- Brock Kelley: You don't want us to win games?
- Grant Taylor: No. Not if that's our main goal. Winning football games is too small a thing to live for. And I love football as much as anybody. But even championship trophies will collect dust and one day be forgotten.”
“You've worked very hard. All of you. You've grown, as athletes and individuals. You've learnt a lot. We've all learned a lot. As Miss Wade would say; a teacher also learns from his students. Today, you have the chance to be the greatest martial artists in the world. It's up to you. If you give everything you've got, everything, you'll be...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You gotta have two things to win. You gotta have brains and you gotta have balls. Now, you got too much of one and not enough of the other.”
“- Hank Marlow: Hey, what happened with the war? Did we win?
- James Conrad: Which one?
- Hank Marlow: Uh-huh. That makes sense.”
“There's only one question left to ask. Who won? And what was the fucking game anyway?”
“- Qui-Gon Jinn: I have... acquired a pod in a game of chance. The fastest ever built.
- Watto: I hope you didn't kill anyone I know for it.”
“- Billy Clyde Puckett: Shake, old buddy, you know what I'm choosing to do?
- Marvin 'Shake' Tiller: What?
- Billy Clyde Puckett: I am choosing to win this fucking game.”