Ben Whishaw quotes
“The unknown. That is where my imagination yearns to venture. And so the question plagues me still: How does a man come to know the unknowable?”
“- Sonny Watts: You're a mother, Maud. You are a wife. You're my wife, and that's all you're meant to be.
- Maud Watts: What if I can't be that anymore?”
“Um, you're not using those ear brushes to clean your mouth are you, Mr. Brown?”
“- Paddington: Is that you, God?
- Henry Brown: What?
- Paddington: It's just, you sounds a lot more like Mr. Brown that I imagined.
- Henry Brown: It is Mister Brown!”
“The devil loves unspoken secrets. Especially those that fester in a man's soul.”
“How does one come to know the unknowable? What faculties must a man possess? Since it was discovered that whale oil could light our cities in ways never achieved before, it created global demand. It has pushed man to venture further and further into the deep blue unknown. We know not its depths, nor the host of creatures that live there....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Q: My complexion is hardly relevant.
- James Bond: Your competence is.
- Q: Age is no guarantee of efficiency.
- James Bond: And youth is no guarantee of innovation.”
“- Q: It always makes me feel a bit melancholy. Grand old war ship, being ignominiously haunted away to scrap... The inevitability of time, don't you think? What do you see?
- James Bond: A bloody big ship. Excuse me.”
“Mrs. Brown says that in London everyone is different, and that means anyone can fit in.”
“- Herman Melville: Something else you've given me tonight.
- Tom Nickerson: And what's that?
- Herman Melville: The courage to go where one does not want to go.”
“I'll never be like other people, but that's alright, because I'm a bear. A bear called Paddington.”
“- Q: There are only about six people in the world who could set up fail-safes like this.
- James Bond: Can you get past them?
- Q: I invented them.”
“Life might be seen as a virus infecting the perfect organism of death.”