Alfre Woodard quotes
“In his own time, the Good Lord will manage them all. The curse of the pharonas was a poor example of what waits for the plantation class.”
“- Zini: This monster's got no teeth! What's he gonna do? Gum us to death?
- Plio: Come on! Look at that sweet little face. Does that look like a monster to you?”
“- Scar: Sarabi why put yourself through this, all you have to do is be my queen. Your suffering from what a memory of a life you once knew, a king you once loved. I tried to make you understand what a true king can be.
- Sarabi: Scar, a true kings power is his compassion.
- Scar: I am ten times the king Mufasa was!
- Sarabi: You are nothing...” (continue)(continue reading)
“There is a correlation between generosity and guilt.”
“- Carolyn Carmichael: Wendell, please close your mouth when you chew!
- Wendell: Why can't you let me eat in peace for once?
- Carolyn Carmichael: Because you disturbing the peace! You eat like a pig and chew like a cow!”
“I have always done what I wanted to do.”
“I rather go to see a good play than be in one.”
“Even when I was saying I was Agnostic and trying to figure out my thoughts, I felt God was allowing me to do that.”
“- Terry: Pat, I'd be careful.
- Joe: God bless you. Is it bad? Am I going to go blind?
- Patricia: I don't know.
- Joe: Please take me to a hospital.”
“- Dee: Jane, do you ever feel like you're just this far... from being completely hysterical hours a day?
- Jane: Half the people I know feel that way.The lucky ones feel that way.The rest of the people are hysterical hours a day.”
“- May-Alice Culhane: Did they tell you I was a bitch?
- Chantelle: On wheels.”
“- Woody Carmichael: Let me tell you, I got to be like a thief in the night in this house every time I want to get some privacy to do my work!
- Carolyn Carmichael: You selfishchild! Don't tell me about privacy!
- Woody Carmichael: Selfish nothing! Selfish nothing!
- Carolyn Carmichael: Yes, you are selfish! I can't even take a piss without six...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Plio: What is your fate?
- Bruton: To die here. It's the way things are.
- Plio: Only if you give up. It's your choice, not your fate.”
“- Picard: The economics of the future are somewhat different. You see, money doesn't exist in the 24th century.
- Lily: No money? You mean, you don't get paid?
- Picard: The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force of our lives. We work to better ourselves and the rest of humanity. Actually, we're all like yourself and Dr. Cochrane.”
“- May-Alice Culhane: His wife's not worried.
- Chantelle: Should she be?
- May-Alice Culhane: Why worry about some cripple who's got a freezer compartment for a pussy.
- Chantelle: Don't be like that.”
“- Camille Wright: I don't know why I keep wishing that you'll grow out of this tomboy thing.
- Monica Wright: I won't. I'm a lesbian.”
“I've had it with men. They are so fascinated by their own crap. It took me four years to get the last one out. These days my idea of a hot date is a long shower by myself before bed.”
“Well, he believes he traveled here from another planet. What's your diagnosis, jet lag?”
“- Plio: Looks like a baby to me.
- Yar: Babies grow up! You keep that thing, one day, we'll turn our backs, it'll be picking us out of its teeth! Things like that eat things like us as snacks!”
“Eight years I went to law school. Three times I took the bar. I finally get a client and my client is a lunatic.”
“- May-Alice Culhane: I am not ready for this. When I get stronger I will quit drinking.
- Chantelle: If you keep drinking you won't get any stronger.”