“Treasure Planet” quotes(2002)
Plot – Jim, a fifteen-year-old boy, lives with his mother in a port city. One day he meets Bill Bones, a badly hurt man who's dying. He entrusts the boy a ball containing a treasure map. Dr. Doppler organizes an expedition aboard the 'RLS Legacy', a fantastic space galleon to look for the treasure. Thanks to the cyborg Silver, steward of the ship, Jim becomes a skilled pilot. Soon, however, he discovers Silver is a pirate and he's thinking to mutiny.
All actors – Roscoe Lee Browne, Corey Burton, Dane A. Davis, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Tony Jay, Austin Majors, Patrick McGoohan, Michael McShane, Laurie Metcalf, Brian Murray, David Hyde Pierce, Martin Short, Emma Thompson, Michael Wincott, Jack Angel, Bob Bergen, Rodger Bumpass, Jane Carr, John Cygan, Jennifer Darling, Paul Eiding, Sherry Lynn, Mona Marshall, Mickie McGowan, Patrick Pinney, Phil Proctor, Jeremy Suarez, Jim Wardshow all
“Treasure Planet” Quotes 24 quotes
- Captain Amelia: I don't much care for this crew you hired. They're... how did I describe them, Arrow? I said something rather good this morning before coffee.
- Mr. Arrow: "A ludicrous parcel of driveling galoots", ma'am.
- Captain Amelia: There you go, poetry.
“Doctor, I'd love to chat. Tea, cake, the whole shebang, but I have a ship to launch and... you've got your outfit to buff up.”
“- Captain Amelia: Mr. Arrow, I've checked this miserable ship from stem to stern and as usual it's spot on. Can you get nothing wrong?
- Mr. Arrow: You flatter me, Captain.”
“I'm an astronomer, not a doctor! I mean, I am a doctor, but I'm not that kind of doctor. I have a doctorate, it's not the same thing. You can't help people with a doctorate. You just sit there and you're useless!”
“- Young Jim: Do you think soembody'll ever find Treasure Planet?
- Sarah Hawkins: Sweetheart, I think Treasure Planet is more... like a legend.
- Young Jim: I know it's real.
- Sarah Hawkins: You win. It's real.”
“- Sarah Hawkins: Are you saying this because it's the right thing, or because you really wanna go?
- Doctor Doppler: I really, really, really, really want to go! And it's the right thing.”
“On the clearest of nights, when the winds of the Etherium were calm and peaceful, the great merchant ships, with their cargos of Arcturian solar crystals, felt safe and secure. Little did they suspect that they were persued by... pirates. And the most feared of all these pirates was the notorious Captain Nathaniel Flint.”
“Look at you! Glowing like a solar fire. You're something special, Jim. You're gonna rattle the stars, you are!”
“- Jim Hawkins: Silver, you gave up...?
- John Silver: Just a lifelong obsession, Jimbo. I'll get over it.”
“- Doctor Doppler: I have a question. Is it that your body is too massive for your teeny-tiny head, or is it that your head is too teeny-tiny for your big fat body?
- Brutish pirate: I pummel you good!”
“You got the makings of greatness in you, but you got to take the helm and chart your own course. Stick to it, no matter the squalls! And when the time comes you get the chance to really test the cut of your sails, and show what you're made of... well, I hope I'm there, catching some of the light coming off you that day.”
“I was never much good at games. Always hated to lose.”
Jim, this should be a wonderful opportunity for the two of us to get to know one and other. You know what they say. "Familiarity breeds..." um... well, "contempt". But in our case...
“There were nights when the winds of the Etherium, so inviting in their promise of flight and freedom, made one's spirit soar.”
- John Silver: Didn't your pap ever teach you to pick your fights a bit more carefully? Your father was not the teachin' sort?
- Jim Hawkins: No. He was more the "taking off and never coming back" sort.