David Ogden Stiers quotes
“This is all a game... but it's their game. You play by their rules or they'll destroy you.”
“- Governor Ratcliffe: Wiggins, why do you think those insolent heathens attacked us?
- Wiggins: Because we invaded their land and cut down their trees and dug up their earth?
- Governor Ratcliffe: It's the gold! They have it and they don't want us to take it from them. Well, I'll just have to take it by force then, won't I?”
“Don't lose your heart, men. It won't be long before we reach the New World. And remember what awaits us there. Freedom. Prosperity. The adventure of our lives. You're the finest crew England has to offer and nothing, not wind nor a thousand bloody savages shall stand in our way. Carry on, men!”
“- Lin: What's going on here?
- Kamaji: Something you wouldn't recognize. It's called love.”
“Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.”
“Writing is hard work. Generating stories that catch people's attention and holding it are very difficult.”
“It's really important to stay engaged and involved in the character.”
“626 was designed to be a monster, but now he has nothing to destroy. You see, I never gave him a greater purpose. What must it be like to have nothing, not even memories to look back on in the middle of the night?”
“- Governor Ratcliffe: It's time to start digging.
- Ben: Digging?
- Governor Ratcliffe: Why, of course. Let's not forget what the Spanish found when they came to the New World. Gold! Mountains of it. Why, for years they've been ravaging the New World of its most precious resources. But now it's our turn.”
“The boy has the heart of a bear.”
“There's more to every tale than meets the eye. It's just like they always say, you can't judge a book by its cover. If you want to know the truth, you've gotta flip through the pages.”
“- Beast: I want to do something for her. But what?
- Cogsworth: Well, there's the usual things. Flowers, chocolates, promises you don't intend to keep.”
“- Captain Gantu: What is that monstrosity?
- Jumba: Monstrosity? What you see before you is the first of a new species. I call it Experiment 626. He is fire-proof, bullet-proof, and can think faster than super computer. He can see in the dark, and lift objects three thousand times his size. His only instinct... to destroy everything he touches!...” (continue)(continue reading)
“A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot.”
“You are built to destroy. You can never belong.”
“Enchanted? Ha ha ha ha! Who said anything about the castle being enchanted? Ha ha ha.
[to Lumiere] It was you, wasn't it?”
“You want to go on an expedition? Take a trolley to the Potomac and jump in! Maybe the cold water will clear your head.”
“- Frollo: My conscience is clear.
- Archdeacon: You can lie to yourself and your minions, you can claim that you haven't a qualm, but you never can run from nor hide what you've done from the eyes!”
“- Ernie: You're a fool, Johnson. I'm the United States Treasury, what are you?
- Harry Johnson: I'm...
- Ernie: You can't beat the United States government, Johnson. Not in a million years. The taxes will be paid. We'll get it one way, we get it another. But we will get it.”