Achievement quotes117 achievement quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Kit Latura: I hope you make it, Roy.
- Roy Nord: I always make it.”
“Let me show you the bumblebee, you never would think it could fly. With a body too big, and wings too small, it still finds its way to the sky. A butterfly can flutter by, its wings are small but sound. But the bumblebee, aerodynamically, should never leave the ground. So the scientists say, most every day, its wings can't bear its weight. But...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You push yourself and push yourself trying to achieve the impossible, because you know what that moment comes, everything you've done has prepared you for victory!”
“We go in. We get what we want. We come out.”
“If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.”
“The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you.”
“All the accomplishments in the world mean nothing without someone to share them with.”
“- Jedadiah: I'm gonna shoot you in your dang eye. In your dadgum eye.
- Larry: Yeah. Keep shootin'. Nothing's gonna happen.
- Jedadiah: Now you know my shame. Jedediah's impotent rage. His guns don't fire. Take me away.”
“If you get 3000 hits, you don't have to be a team player.”
“Faint heart never won fair lady!”
“Have you ever had that feeling that this is the best I'm ever gonna do, this is the best I'm ever gonna feel... and it isn't that great?”
“It was everything I always wanted. But when I had got it, it felt like nothing, less than nothing.”
"Adele Louise Stanton has passed the State Bar Examination". Wow! Does this mean you're qualified to tend bar?
“They enjoy the goal but not the process. But the reality of it is that the true work of improving things is in the little achievements of the day.”
- Shelly: It's just... funny, don't yah think, that when you can't afford something, it's like "really expensive" but then when you can afford it, it's like, free? It's kinda backwards, don't yah think?
- Cate: Yeah, well... the world is a bit like that, I guess, in a lot of ways.
- Al: Come on, what do I gotta do?
- Patricia: You could crawl through broken glass on your hands and knees with a sign on your back that says "asshole". That might get you in the door.
“I feel sorry for Mr. McAllister. I mean, anyone who's stuck in the same little room, wearing the same stupid clothes, saying the exact same things year after year for his whole life, while his students go on to good colleges, move to big cities and do great things and make loads of money... He's got to be at least a little jealous.”