Jim Sturgess quotes
“- Jude: We don't have it in England, is it a big deal?
- Max Carrigan: Well, it's a heart-warming American tradition.
- Lucy Carrigan: Yeah. It celebrates the time when the Indians shared their food with the early settlers. And how did we repay them? We slaughter them in thousands then ship them off to the shittiest bits of real estate.”
“- Ben Campbell: You know, ever since I was 16, I crushed exams. I took on extracurricular. I showed up early. I even sat at the front of the class and stayed late. Man, I gave up everything. You know, I gave up fun. I gave up sex.
- Miles Connoly: I don't think you gave up sex.
- Ben Campbell: Okay, maybe not sex.”
- From the movie: Geostorm
“- Micky Rosa: There's one more thing, Ben, and this is important. We're counting cards, we're not gambling. We're following a specific set of rules and playing a system.
- Ben Campbell: Right.
- Micky Rosa: Now, I've seen how crazy it can get at those tables, and sometimes, people lose control. They give in to their emotions. You will not.”
“- Jill Taylor: Ben, you should feel the thrill of winning more money than you can possibly imagine. I think you should come to Vegas. 'Cause I'm guessing that you could probably use a break from this place.
- Ben Campbell: I can't. I'm sorry. I just can't.
- Jill Taylor: You're welcome any time. You know, I think the best thing about Vegas is...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lucy Carrigan: I would lay in front of a tank if it would bring Max back and end this war.
- Jude: Yeah, it wouldn't.”
“- Ben Campbell: Hey, I let you down, all right. I get it.
- Micky Rosa: Excuse me? You let me down? I don't care! Let me make one thing clear to you, I am not your father! You are not my friend. This is a business. You were only good to me as the money you make, and, right now it's not worth a hell of a whole lot!”
“I think the worst part of it was not being able to tell anyone. But for the first time in my life, the world made itself easy for me. And I liked it.”
“- Ben Campbell: How come you don't play?
- Micky Rosa: Oh, I did. I played for a long time and I was the best. But I'm retired now. Take my advice, Ben, it's always best to go out when you're on top. Welcome to Vegas!”
“- Jude: What are you going to do if you don't go back to college?
- Max Carrigan: What any irresponsible, unmotivated, drop-out would do. Go to New York, like tonight.”
“- Ben Campbell: I've just lost everything! Look, please... I don't want to lose you, too.
- Jill Taylor: Ben, you were dragged away in Vegas. I haven't heard from you. I had no idea where you were.
- Ben Campbell: I know. You know, I'm so sorry that I hurt you. I'm sorry. In Vegas, I don't know what happened. That wasn't me. Look, you know me....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ben Campbell: So, why are you telling me?
- Micky Rosa: Well, let's just say a spot opened up on our roster.
- Ben Campbell: How?
- Micky Rosa: Jimmy got a job at Google.”