Growth quotes216 growth quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Monica: We're getting a baby.
- Chandler: We're growing up.
- Monica: We sure are.
- Chandler: So who's going to tell them?
- Monica: Not it.
- Chandler: Not it. Damn it!”
“- Jack Taylor: Maggie, when you grow up and are incredibly beautiful and intelligent and possess a certain sweetness that's... that's like a distantpromise to the brave, to the worthy, could you please not beat to a pulp every miserable bastard that comes your way simply because you can? Could you not do that?
- Maggie Taylor: Okay Daddy.”
“My dear, when you get to be my age, you'll find there are more important things in life than boys!”
“- Harry Whitney: Billy, we grew up together!
- Billy: I didn't like you then either!”
“- Carol: The man I know is not the boy you remember.
- Shakes: None of us are.”
“- Moocher: Mike, the time comes when we just all have to go our own ways, you know.
- Mike: You're a real adult, aren't ya. B-town boy grows up.”
“Carrie Andrews thinks she's cool because she spent her summer vacation growing boobs.”
“People who will become old, betray their dreams, become ghosts.”
“- Plio: Looks like a baby to me.
- Yar: Babies grow up! You keep that thing, one day, we'll turn our backs, it'll be picking us out of its teeth! Things like that eat things like us as snacks!”
“Grow up! And when you do, give us a call.”
“- Jo McGuire: Honey, just yesterday you were in diapers, now you've graduated junior high, and you're growing up, going to Rome for two weeks all by yourself. Without me. Without me there. Without me with you. You there without me.
- Lizzie McGuire: That's just about all the combinations of those words you can make, mom.”
Do you know that the harder thing to do and the right thing to do are usually the same thing? Nothing that has meaning is easy. "Easy" doesn't enter into grown-up life.
“A lie keeps growing and growing until it's as plain as the nose on your face.”
“There's things you have to do - which reminds me - you know this hero business? One of the things you learn as you grow older is that life gets very complicated... weird, actually. It's, you know, like people aren't exactly like they seem. Nothin' is. Life gets unbelievable... Uh, it gets normal as you get older.”
“- Floyd Pepper: What else do these pills make big?
- Dr. Bunsen Honeydew: They'll work on anything, but the effect is, sadly, temporary.
- Beaker: Sadly temporary.”
“You better wise up, 'cause if I grow and you stay as stupid as you are, we're gonna have big problems, Ray!”
“Nobody tells you how to be an adult. You just keep getting older anyway.”
“A girl of sixteen's practically an idiot anyway, so I can't very well blame you for something that was practically done by somebody else.”
“- Kate: I'm going to be 17 tomorrow.
- Max: Wow, now you can read Seventeen magazine and get all the references.”
“Grow's for plants. I hate roots.”