Leader quotes127 leader quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“You're not really a leader until you've lost.”
“- Hildy Johnson: You are no longer my husband and no longer my boss. And you're not going to be my boss.
- Walter Burns: All right, take it. Work for somebody else. That's the gratitude I get.”
“- Ana: Well, it's nice to see you busting your ass today.
- Steve: Oh, that's sarcasm. That is awesome. Yeah, you know, I would love to help, but a captain never works alongside his men.”
“Alexander the Great, five feet eight exactly. Isn't that incredible! I mean, Alexander the Great, who's empire stretched from India to Hungary, one inch shorter than me. Oliver Cromwell, the only man with any guts in British history, wasn't a big man at all. Louis XIV, five foot two and a half. Charlamagne, dopey little five footer! He's a good...” (continue)(continue reading)
“In the old days, the land felt a great emptiness. It was waiting. Waiting to be filled up. Waiting for someone to love it. Waiting for a leader.”
“- Eirig: Can you lead this army with mine against the slayers?
- Prince Colwyn: Whatever army I have I'll lead against them. Till I've won, or am dead.”
“I want to tell the people of Argentina - I've decided I should decline all the honors and titles you've pressed me to take. For I'm contented - let me simply go on as the woman who brings her people to the heart of Perón. Don't cry for me, Argentina. The truth is I shall not leave you. Though it may get harder for you to see me, I'm Argentina,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Melissa: Why are you doing this?
- Martin 'Rubber Duck' Penwald: Don’t know about the rest of them, but I’m running for my life myself.
- Melissa: But they're all following you.
- Martin 'Rubber Duck' Penwald: No, they ain't. I'm just in front of them.”
“Being a leader isn't about ability. It's about responsibility.”
“I have a very large family, 42 million.”
“You're a goddamn quarterback! You know what that means? It's the top spot, kid. It's the guy who takes the fall. It's the guy everybody's looking at first. The leader of a team who will support you when they understand you. Who will break their ribs and their noses and their necks for you, because they believe. 'Cause you make them believe....” (continue)(continue reading)
“A good officer uses his head, not his whip.”
“I think the world has been run long enough by well-meaning professionals. We might give the amateurs a chance now.”
“- Coach Ed Gennero: Wally, did you hire an Assistant Coach without telling me?
- Coach Wally Rig: No, I found a Quarterback without telling you.
- Coach Ed Gennero: I hope he gets younger as he gets closer.”
“He might have been a preacher but he seen things clear. He was like a lantern. He helped me to see things clear.”
“If I'm not the best manager in the business, I'll eat a garage mechanic's shirt!”
“- Sierra: Winnie, shut up!
- Winnie: I don't have to shut up. I'm captain.
- Brianna: Yeah, and since you became captain, you've been a bigger pain in our asses than before.”