Past quotes333 past quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Judy Danvers: You ever wonder what kids did for fun on a Saturday 100 years ago?
- Jack Stall: I don't know. I guess I always figured they got into their parents' wagon and went cruising up and down their main drag playing loud banjo music and acting like idiots. Eventually, we grow up, we get jobs, we have affairs, and we become alcoholics.”
“I never asked for anything! Maybe that's the problem!”
“People shouldn't root around in their past. Some things are best left forgotten.”
“Can't go back and keep making same mistakes. Must keep moving forward and make new ones.”
- Medieval Times Waitress: There were no utensils in Medieval times, hence there are no utensils at "Medieval Times". Now, would you like a refill on that Pepsi?
- Steven M. Kovacs: There were no utensils, but there was Pepsi?
- Medieval Times Waitress: Dude, I've got a lot of tables.
“- Bonnie Parker: What would you do if some miracle happened and we could walk out of here tomorrow morning and start all over again clean? No record and nobody after us?
- Clyde Barrow: Well, I guess I'd do it all different. First off, I wouldn't live in the same state where we pull our jobs. We'd live in another state. We'd stay clean there and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I'm not drawn to the old neighborhood, my life never revolved around the old neighborhood, I don't give a fuck about the old neighborhood. I'm from wherever I happen to be, and these days that's Nashville, Tennessee. Just me, my beautiful wife and a good cigar. Quiet, and peaceful in the knowledge that none of this could have happened without me.”
“Women have changed since your time, Leo. They've become dangerous!”
“The old dreams were good dreams, they didn't work out, but glad I had them.”
“There were giants in the industry. Now it is an era of midgets and conglomerates.”
“- Felicity Shagwell: I want to see what happens in the 70s and 80s.
- Austin: The 70s and the 80s? You're not missing anything, believe me. I've looked into it. There's a gas shortage and A Flock of Seagulls. That's about it.”
“You can't undo the past. All you can do is face what's ahead.”
“If you focus on what you left behind you will never see what lies ahead!”
“- Leonard Dekkom: Tomorrow, the sun will rise, all our enemies will be gone. Wiped away as if by the Hand of God.
- President Andrew Palma: Why would you do this?
- Leonard Dekkom: Because no-one else would. I'm turning the clock back to 1945, when America was a shining city on a hill, not just a bank disguised as a country.
- President Andrew...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Callum Lynch: What do you want from me?
- Sophia Rikkin: Your past.”
“I hate looking backward, but every once in a while it sneaks up on you.”
“My love for you was the most important thing in my life. For better or worse, it made me understand who I am.”
“Nicko! Don't play with the food! When I was your age, we didn't have food!”
“- Mildred: I know where your head is, but I'm telling you, you have got to get out of the past and look to the future.
- Lewis: I am, and this is it. This is my future. I'm sorry.”
“I'm sorry that I used to be such a saint back then, and I'm such a prick now!”
“Regrets are a waste of time. They're the past crippling you in the present.”