Past quotes333 past quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“In the old days the studios guided your career. Now it's all up to you.”
“Everything that has happened to me is of value to me. As painful as certain things are, and have been, and were, there's a use for those things in my life and in my work.”
“What you see on the screen is something that you don't have in this world today. You can just sit back and enjoy it.”
“- J.P. Prewitt: The truth is male models have been assassinating world leaders for over 200 years. Abe Lincoln wanted to abolish slavery, right? Well, who do you think made the silk stockings and powdered wigs worn by our early leaders?
- Derek Zoolander: Mugatu!
- J.P. Prewitt: Slaves, Derek. So they hired John Wilkes Booth to do Mr. Lincoln...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Francis Phelan: She is a bum, or just a plain drunk?
- Rudy: She's been a bum all her life.
- Francis Phelan: No, nobody... 'been a bum all her life'. She had to be somethin' else before she was a bum.”
“Where'd my youth go? Why didn't fame hold off old age and death? Why the hell did I leave the fame in the first place and do I want it back, and could I have it back? And if I could, would it make any damned difference?”
The book says, "We might be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us".
“We're reviving a canceled undercover police program from the '80s and revamping it for modern times. The guys in charge of this stuff lack creativity and are completely out of ideas, so all they do now is recycle shit from the past and expect us all not to notice.”
“The past is one thing you can do nothing about.”
“I came up with a new game-showidea recently. It's called The Old Game. You got three old guys with loaded guns onstage. They look back at their lives, see who they were, what they accomplished, how close they came to realizing their dreams. The winner is the one who doesn't blow his brains out. He gets a refrigerator.”
“Medieval learning was really advanced.”
“If I could go back in time and change everything back, I would!”
“- Logan: So, what happened to the badass in boots?
- Yukio: Master Yashida is traditional. One eye on the past and the other on the future.”
“- Todd Bowden: Bergen-Belsen, January '43 to June '43. Auschwitz, June '43 to June '44. Then you went to Patin. After that you disappeared, but then in 1965 you were spotted in West Berlin.
- Kurt Dussander: Listen, boy... I don't have time for this game. Now get out of here before I call the police.
- Todd Bowden: Call them if you want. I'm...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Slack: What's your story, Riley?
- Riley: I don't have one, nothing bad ever happened to me.”
“No matter how much you change, you still have to pay the price for the things you've done.”
“- Nick Portokalos: Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.
- Toula Portokalos: Nick that's beautiful.
- Nick Portokalos: Yeah that dear Abby really knows what she's talking about.”