Pat Morita quotes
“I never was able to do karate. That's calling me a good actor. I act like I can do anything.”
“I've heard a great deal about you, Fa Mulan. You stole your father's armor, ran away from home, impersonated a soldier, deceived your commanding officer, dishonored the Chinese Army, destroyed my palace, and... you have saved us all.”
“The idea of a Japanese comedian was not only a rarity, it was non-existent.”
“I still have a young attitude.”
“- Julie Pierce: I wish I had courage like you.
- Miyagi: I wish I had chocolate bar with almonds.”
“If karate used defend honor, defend life, karate mean something. If karate used defend plastic metal trophy, karate no mean nothing.”
“It's been a career filled with very low valleys and some wonderful, high peaks.”
“Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.”
“Make block. Left, right. Up, down. Side, side. Breathe in, breathe out. And no scare fish.”
“- Shan-Yu: I tire of your arrogance, old man. Bow to me!
- The Emperor: No matter how the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it.
- Shan-Yu: Then you will kneel in pieces!”
“Snakes kill more people in one year than sharks do in one hundred years.”
“- Daniel: Mr. Miyagi, it's over! It's over! Forget about it!
- Miyagi: No! No!
- Daniel: I'm afraid! Let's just get out of here! I just wanna go home!
- Miyagi: No, get up! Get up! Must not! It's ok to lose to opponent. Must not lose to fear!
- Daniel: Yeah, well, I'm afraid! I'm afraid of him, all right? What do you want me to do?
- Miyagi: You...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Daniel: Mr. Miyagi, extreme situations require extreme measures. Okay?
- Miyagi: Oh, Daniel-san, that not sound like you talking.”
“For person with no forgiveness in heart, living even worse punishment than death.”
“- Daniel: Will it be okay?
- Miyagi: Depend if root's strong.”
“Always remember to have good words come out of your mouth.”
“- Daniel: We should come up with some kind of strategy.
- Miyagi: For what?
- Daniel: My future, my whole tournament career.
- Miyagi: Miyagi already have one.
- Daniel: Really? What is it?
- Miyagi: Early retirement.”
“Hope confusion end soon, Daniel-san. Miyagi heart empty without you.”