Angela Bassett quotes
“Don't be spendin' the time I'm talkin' thinkin' 'bout what you're gonna say next!”
“You use a scalpel, I prefer a hammer.”
“- Lenny Nero: Are we still friends?
- Mace: I don't know Lenny. You see, friendship is more than one person constantly doing favors for another.”
“- T'Challa: How are you feeling today, Mama?
- Ramonda: Proud. Your father and I would talk about this day all the time. He is with us. And it is your time to be king.”
“- Mildred: I know where your head is, but I'm telling you, you have got to get out of the past and look to the future.
- Lewis: I am, and this is it. This is my future. I'm sorry.”
“- Nick: How can I be sure you're okay?
- Diane: I suppose I could fuck you.
- Nick: That would work.”
“This is a career about images. It's celluloid; they last for ever.”
“I'm thinking about directing, but I know it's a lot of work.”
“The three things I said when I came out of school were I want to work consistently, I want to do good work and I want to be paid fairly.”
“I know what you always say: 'Everything by the book'. But what if this ain't in the book? Going by the book won't solve it.”
“I'll give up all that other stuff, but only if I get to keep my name. I worked too hard for it, your honor.”
“- Bernadine Harris: I give you eleven fucking years of my life and you're telling me you're leaving me for a white woman?
- John Harris, Sr.: Would it help if she was black?
- Bernadine Harris: No. It would help if you were black.”
“Whoever they are, they're as smart as God and a lot less nice.”
“Memories are meant to fade. They're designed that way for a reason.”
“- Dr. Kaela Evers: When you said you'd been in worse situations than this, were you lying?
- Nick: No. When we were falling toward the planet and the engines cut out? That was worse.”
- Nick: What happened to your robot?
- Dr. Kaela Evers: Nothing.
- Nick: Really? I hope "nothing" doesn't happen to me.
“- Stella Payne: So how old are you anyway, young man?
- Winston Shakespeare: Well, I'll be 21 on my next birthday so I guess that makes me 20. And how old are you, young lady?
- Stella Payne: 40.
- Winston Shakespeare: No, truthfully.”
“- Mace: You're some piece of work, Lenny Nero. You're just calmly backstroking along in the big toilet bowl and somehow you never let it touch you. I mean, between working vice and your current so-called occupation, you must have seen every kind of perversion. But you're just like... some teflon man, you still come out this goofball romantic.
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lenny: Have you ever been in love with someone who didn't return that love?
- Mace: Yeah, Lenny, I have.
- Lenny: It didn't stop you from loving them, right? Or being able to understand them or forgive them?
- Mace: I guess.”