Angela Bassett quotes
“You use a scalpel, I prefer a hammer.”
“- Lenny Nero: Are we still friends?
- Mace: I don't know Lenny. You see, friendship is more than one person constantly doing favors for another.”
“- T'Challa: How are you feeling today, Mama?
- Ramonda: Proud. Your father and I would talk about this day all the time. He is with us. And it is your time to be king.”
“- Mildred: I know where your head is, but I'm telling you, you have got to get out of the past and look to the future.
- Lewis: I am, and this is it. This is my future. I'm sorry.”
“- Nick: How can I be sure you're okay?
- Diane: I suppose I could fuck you.
- Nick: That would work.”
“This is a career about images. It's celluloid; they last for ever.”
“I'm thinking about directing, but I know it's a lot of work.”
“The three things I said when I came out of school were I want to work consistently, I want to do good work and I want to be paid fairly.”
“I know what you always say: 'Everything by the book'. But what if this ain't in the book? Going by the book won't solve it.”
“Don't be spendin' the time I'm talkin' thinkin' 'bout what you're gonna say next!”
“I'll give up all that other stuff, but only if I get to keep my name. I worked too hard for it, your honor.”
“- Bernadine Harris: I give you eleven fucking years of my life and you're telling me you're leaving me for a white woman?
- John Harris, Sr.: Would it help if she was black?
- Bernadine Harris: No. It would help if you were black.”
“Whoever they are, they're as smart as God and a lot less nice.”
“Memories are meant to fade. They're designed that way for a reason.”
“- Dr. Kaela Evers: When you said you'd been in worse situations than this, were you lying?
- Nick: No. When we were falling toward the planet and the engines cut out? That was worse.”
- Nick: What happened to your robot?
- Dr. Kaela Evers: Nothing.
- Nick: Really? I hope "nothing" doesn't happen to me.
“- Stella Payne: So how old are you anyway, young man?
- Winston Shakespeare: Well, I'll be 21 on my next birthday so I guess that makes me 20. And how old are you, young lady?
- Stella Payne: 40.
- Winston Shakespeare: No, truthfully.”
“- Mace: You're some piece of work, Lenny Nero. You're just calmly backstroking along in the big toilet bowl and somehow you never let it touch you. I mean, between working vice and your current so-called occupation, you must have seen every kind of perversion. But you're just like... some teflon man, you still come out this goofball romantic.
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lenny: Have you ever been in love with someone who didn't return that love?
- Mace: Yeah, Lenny, I have.
- Lenny: It didn't stop you from loving them, right? Or being able to understand them or forgive them?
- Mace: I guess.”