Patricia Arquette quotes
I kept asking Clarence why our world seemed to be collapsing and things seemed to be getting so shitty. And he'd say, "that's the way it goes, but don't forget, it goes the other way too". That's the way romance is... Usually, that's the way it goes, but every once in awhile, it goes the other way too.
“Samantha-Goodbye, yard! Goodbye, crepe myrtle! Goodbye, mailbox! Goodbye, box of stuff Mommy won't let us take with us but we don't want to throw away. Goodbye, house, I'll never like Mommy as much for making us move!
Mom-Samantha! Why don't you say goodbye to that little horseshit attitude, okay, because we're not taking that in the car.”
“Mom-You know what I'm realising? My life is just going to go. Like that. This series of milestones. Getting married. Having kids. Getting divorced. The time that we thought you were dyslexic. When I taught you how to ride a bike. Getting divorced... again. Getting my masters degree. Finally getting the job I wanted. Sending Samantha off to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The messenger is not important.”
“I'm gonna go jump in the tub and get all slippery and soapy and then hop in that waterbed and watch X-rated movies 'till you get your ass back in my lovn' arms.”
“- Agent Tony Kent: Do you mind if I look at your armpit?
- Nancy Coplin: My armpit?
- Agent Tony Kent: It's my favorite part of a woman's body.”
“Amid the chaos of that day, when all I could hear was the thunder of gunshots, and all I could smell was the violence in the air, I look back and am amazed that my thoughts were so clear and true, that three words went through my mind endlessly, repeating themselves like a broken record: you're so cool, you're so cool, you're so cool.”
“You know what's scarier than not believing in God? Believing in him. I mean, really believing in him. It's a fucking terrifying thought.”
“- Valerie Veran: Nicky!
- Nicky: Valerie!
- Valerie Veran: What are you doing?
- Nicky: I think I'm floating.
- Valerie Veran: Why would you be floating?
- Nicky: Maybe it's because of this cake I ate earlier.”
“- Alabama: Have you seen your lovely little wife today?
- Clarence Worley: Are you speaking of my beautiful, charming, sexy wife, Mrs. Alabama Worley?
- Alabama: Why, are there any others, Mr. Worley?
- Clarence Worley: No, none for me.”
“- Sandra Dunmore: I like to do good actions, to help. Besides there's a lot of stuff to do, now that Ben is dead.
- Jake Dunmore: Sandra, we killed Ben.”
“- Edward D. Wood, Jr.: I like to wear women's clothes. Panties, brassieres, sweaters, pumps. It's just something I do. And I can't believe I'm telling you this, but I really like you, and I don't want it getting in the way down the road.
- Kathy O'Hara: Does this mean... you don't like sex with girls?
- Edward D. Wood, Jr.: No, I love sex with...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Dr. Reston: Do you have a lot of stress at work?
- Frankie Paige: I cut hair.”
“You have to be strong to survive in this city.”
“- Dr. Reston: What's happening in your life, Frankie? Do you have a lot of stress at work?
- Frankie Paige: I cut hair.
- Dr. Reston: Any trouble with a significant other?
- Frankie Paige: Yes.
- Dr. Reston: And that is?
- Frankie Paige: I'm not very significant.”
“- Ed: Do you own a video camera?
- Renee Madison: No. Fred hates them.
- Fred Madison: I like to remember things my own way.
- Ed: What do you mean by that?
- Fred Madison: How I remembered them. Not necessarily the way they happened.”
“I've been a call-girl for exactly four days and you're my third customer. I want you to know that I'm not damaged goods. I'm not what they call Florida white trash. I'm a good person and when it comes to relationships, I'm one-hundred percent, I'm one hundred percent... monogamous.”
“Sometimes Clarence asks me what I would have done if he had died, if that bullet had been two inches more to the left. To this, I always smile, as if I'm not going to satisfy him with a response. But I always do. I tell him of how I would want to die, but that the anguish and the want of death would fade like the stars at dawn, and that things...” (continue)(continue reading)