Viola Davis quotes
“- Jack Mulligan: What I've learned from men like my father and your husband is that you reap what you sow.
- Veronica: Let's hope so.”
“- Veronica: Now the best thing we have going for us, is being who we are.
- Alice: Why ?
- Veronica: Because no-one thinks we have the balls to pull this off.”
“We have a lot of work to do, crying is not on the list.”
“- Seals’ Admiral Burns: It’s rumored, Amanda, that some of them have abilities.
- Amanda Waller: Oh, yeah. I have seen things. Maybe Superman was some kind of beacon for them to creep back from the shadows.”
“- Troy Maxson: It's not easy for me to admit that I've been standing in the same place for eighteen years!
- Rose Maxson: Well, I've been standing with you! I gave eighteen years of my life to stand in the same spot as you!”
“If they get caught, we throw them under the bus.”
“- Harley Quinn: Are you the Devil?
- Amanda Waller: All you need to know is you work for me.”
“- Seals' Admiral Burns: What makes you think you can control them?
- Amanda Waller: Because getting people to act against their own self-interest is what I do for a living.”
“I want to assemble a task force of the most dangerous people on the planet, who I think can do some good.”
“I told you, a watched pot never boils.”
“Your daddy wanted you to be everything he wasn't, and at the same time, he wanted you to be everything he was.”
“From right now, this child's got a mother. But you're a womanless man.”
“I didn't see myself any different from my white counterparts in school. I just didn't! I thought I could do what they did. And what I didn't do well, I thought people were going to give me the opportunity to do well, because maybe they saw my talent, so they would give me a chance. I had no idea that they would see me completely different.”
“I can't deal with actors! I can't deal with myself. We're neurotic and miserable.”
“If I can't effectively move people, then I would prefer not to do it.”
“- Jesse Stone: Molly, can I get a cup of coffee?
- Molly Crane: If you make it.”