Jon Voight quotes
“Never look in the eyes of those you kill. They will haunt you forever.”
“The reason why I'm here is because a buddy of mine who'd been in Vietnam took his own life today. This is kind of a funeral service. And I'm here because I'm trying to tell people, man, if we want to commit suicide, we have plenty of reasons to do it right here at home. We don't have to go to Vietnam to find reasons to kill ourselves. I just...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Warden Ranken: You're as afraid to die as anybody else, and I never let you free. You hear me?
- Oscar "Manny" Manheim: I am free, Rankin. I am free.
“- Billy: You know what I told him? I told him that you died, that you were killed in a car wreck. That you were a tramp and we're better off without you. You're dead! Do you understand that? You're dead! The kid's got no mother!
- Annie: I am his mother.
- Billy: You're dead! He's got no mother!
- Annie: I'm here, I am his mother.”
“- Muhammad Ali: Man, without me, you'd just be a mouth and a microphone.
- Howard Cosell: Without me, you'd just be a mouth.”
“- Annie: T.J.'s Timmy, isn't he?
- Billy: T.J. is Timmy. So you figured it out, so what? Even a dumb horse knows her own foal.”
“The hard work of so many, sacrificed by the disrespect of few.”
“Do you know that when I dream, I don't have, I'm not in the chair? I don't even have a chair in my dream. I have legs. When I was a kid, I used to jump in my mother's kitchen and touch the ceiling. She used to get pissed off because I'd leave my handprints on the ceiling, you know. I still check the snow reports, the conditions at Mammoth. I'm...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Patrick Gates: And he dragged you two into this nonsense?
- Abigail Chase: Literally.
- Riley Poole: I volunteered.”
“The only privacy that's left is the inside of your head. Maybe that's enough.”
“- Coach Kilmer: Give him the shot!
- Mox: If you give him that shot, you can find yourself another fucking quarterback.
- Coach Kilmer: You about ready to lose that scholarship, boy?
- Mox: If it keeps that needle out of his leg? Absolutely.
- Coach Kilmer: Good.
- Mox: Fuck it, I'm out.”
“- Luke Martin: I'm not a very nice person.
- Sally Hyde: You are to me.”
“Win, lose, what's the difference?”
“Your lies are old but you tell them pretty good.”
“Annie and me. We did some silly things. Who knows why people do what they do? Nobody knows that, but she's... she's a good person.”