“Dazed and Confused” quotes(1993)
Richard Linklater directed this movie in 1993
Title Dazed and Confused
Director Richard Linklater
Director Richard Linklater
Plot – Austin, Texas. In the 24 hours during which the story takes place - the last day of school - the young protagonists do stupid things in a supermarket, recreating the main episodes of the TV series “Gilligan’s Island”. Crazy adventures come one after another before the summer really begins with the hangovers, the fights and the mutual humiliation. The movie is a bitter comedy about youth in the American province. It is a very low-budget film, included in the teen movie’s scene “made in USA”, that gives us a no ordinary perspective on the situation.
All actors – Jason London, Joey Lauren Adams, Milla Jovovich, Shawn Andrews, Rory Cochrane, Adam Goldberg, Anthony Rapp, Sasha Jenson, Marissa Ribisi, Deena Martin, Michelle Burke, Cole Hauser, Christine Harnos, Wiley Wiggins, Mark Vandermeulen, Esteban Powell, Jeremy Fox, Ben Affleck, Jason O. Smith, Christin Hinojosa, Parker Posey, Matthew McConaughey, Catherine Avril Morris, Nicky Katt, Parker Brooks, Zach Taylor, Jacob Jones, Rick Moser, Terry Mross, Kim Krizan, Zooey Greif, Julius Tennon, Priscilla Kinser, Erika Geminder, Heidi Van Horne, Katherine Asher, Kathleen Cunningham, Richard Dillard, John Swasey, Zeke Mills, Michael Gillespie, Tom Hoeck, Fred Lerner, David Blackwell, Autumn Barr, Doug Taylor, Bob Moser, Mona Lee Fultz, , Tara Battani, Adam Boster, Josh Caldwell, Khara Cloutier, Nicole Emmons, Mike Enright, Chris Green, KaiCarra, Jessica Looney, Anthony Pedone, Damian Tamburro, James 'Kimo' Wills, Heath Young, Renée Zellwegershow all
“Dazed and Confused” Quotes 29 quotes
“- Freshman Girl: Will you marry me?
- Don Dawson: I don't know. What's in it for me?
- Freshman Girl: Anything you want?
- Don Dawson: Anything?
- Freshman Girl: Anything.
- Don Dawson: [opening his mouth wide] Go like this. Do you spit or swallow?
- Freshman Girl: Whatever you like.
- Don Dawson: Whatever I like? I would definitely marry you.”
“- Wooderson: Say, man, you got a joint?
- Mitch Kramer: No, not on me, man.
- Wooderson: It'd be a lot cooler if you did.”
“- Randy 'Pink' Floyd: Don, have you ever thought about why we play football? How many times have you gotten laid strictly because you're a football player?
- Don Dawson: I don't know. A few, I guess.
- Randy 'Pink' Floyd: A few? Don, all I'm saying is, I bet we could do just as well if we were in a band or something.”
“- O'Bannion: Hey Slater, you fuckin' hippie, give me drugs, man.
- Slater: Go get some from your mother, man.
- O'Bannion: We just bagged your mother.
- Slater: Okay, fuck you dickhead.”
“Imagine how many people out there are fuckin' right now man, just goin' at it.”
“- Randy 'Pink' Floyd: Have you seen Jodi around?
- Wooderson: No she left your ass.
- Randy 'Pink' Floyd: Well you win some you lose some.”
I call it the "every other decade" theory. The 50's were boring. The 60's rocked. The 70's, my god, they obviously suck. So maybe the 80's will be like, radical. I figure we'll be in our 20's and hey, it can't get any worse.
“Nothing like piling on old pancakes and syrup after a night of beer drinking.”
“- Mike: I got some good ones in there, right? I mean, you wouldn't say I got my ass kicked, would you?
- Cynthia: Oh no, I mean, after a few years, no one will even remember really, who won or lost.
- Mike: Right, like when you read about Hemingway and those guys, no one ever talks about who won, just they got in a brawl.”
“All I'm saying is that if I ever start referring to these as the best years of my life, remind me to kill myself.”
“Didja ever look at a dollar bill, man? There's some spooky shit goin' on there. And it's green too.”
“- Simone: I can't believe she called me a slut. What a bitch!
- Shavonne: Simone, everyone calls you a slut.”
“Behind every good man there is a woman, and that woman was Martha Washington, man, and everyday George came home, she had a big fat bowl waiting for him, man, when he came in the door, man, she was a hip, hip, hip lady, man.”
“Well, all I'm saying is that I want to look back and say that I did I the best I could while I was stuck in this place. Had as much fun as I could while I was stuck in this place. Played as hard as I could while I was stuck in this place... Dogged as many girls as I could while I was stuck in this place.”
“- Tony: So there I am, getting it on with this perfect female body and...
- Mike: What?
- Tony: I can't say.
- Mike: No, you can't give a build-up like that and not deliver. You know, a perfect female body, it's not a badstart.
- Tony: But with the head of Abraham Lincoln. With the hat and the beard, everything.”
“- Assistant Coach: Hey ladies, are you gonna be ready to play football this fall? huh?
- Benny O'Donnell: I don't know coach, I've been doin' so well in English I thought I might work on bein' a writer. What do ya think about that?
- Assistant Coach: Boy, you woudln't know how to spell your own name if it wasn't stencilled on your locker.”
“- Tony: So, you're not gonna go to law school? What do you wanna do then?
- Mike: I wanna dance!”
You know that Julie chick? Loves you. You want her? Gotta play it cool, you know. You can't let her know how much you like her cause if she knows, she'll dump you like that. Believe me. Like, if she asks you if you want a ride, you say, "No, I've got my own ride, but maybe I'll see you later". Sounds stupid, doesn't it? It works.
“- Kaye: You know, you guys were in class trying to list all the Gilligan's Island episodes without even a hint of irony.
- Shavonne: What the hell are you talking about, girl?
- Kaye: You weren't thinking about it, were you?
- Shavonne: Gilligan's Island?
- Kaye: It's what's called a male pornographic fantasy.
- Shavonne: Oh my...
- Kaye: Think...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Tony: God, that was so creepy!
- Mike: Wait, why are you smiling?
- Cynthia: I thought he was cute.
- Tony: Ugh, that's disgusting!
- Mike: You thought he was cute? Do you realize when he graduated we were like three years old?”
“- Cynthia: God, don't you ever feel like everything we do and everything we've been taught is just to service the future?
- Tony: Yeah I know, like it's all preparation.
- Cynthia: Right. But what are we preparing ourselves for?
- Mike: Death.”
“- Slater: This place used to be off limits, man, 'cause some drunk freshman fell off. He went right down the middle, smacking his head on every beam, man. I hear it doesn't hurt after the first couple though. Autopsy said he had one beer, how many did you have?
- Mitch Kramer: Four.
- Slater: You're dead, man, you're so dead. Look at the blood...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor, insignificant preamble to somethin' else.”