Divorce quotes187 divorce quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“No ex-husband of Gloria's ever has to apologize to me about anything. We're like a little club.”
“- Albert: So while you were, uh, being torn, she was poisoning our relationship and poisoning your perception of me. Now why would you want that?
- Eva: I don't know, I mean, except maybe I was trying to protect myself, because, you know, we've both been married before. And you know how things can turn out.
- Albert: What about us? What about...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- The Dude: Five fucking years ago you were divorced!
- Walter Sobchak: So what are you saying? When you get divorced you turn in your library card? You get a new license? You stop being Jewish?”
“Never count me out until the fat lady divorces me!”
“I've invested five good years in my marriage to Rex and I've nailed his ass fair and square. Now I'm going to have it stuffed, mounted, and have my lady friends come over and throw darts at it.”
“- Daniel: You have a father or just a mother?
- Lauren: No, I have a father. As a matter of fact, I'm on my third.
- Daniel: Does your mother divorce them or just kill them?
- Lauren: No, still alive.”
“- Teresa Barzak: Why didn't you take it to your place?
- Det. Barzak: 'Cause I'm not settled in yet.
- Teresa Barzak: It's only been two years!
- Det. Barzak: I'm slow to adjust to psychological upheaval.”
“Alimony is just another word for rape.”
“You never realize how short a month is until you pay alimony.”
“- Lawyer: Now this being your second divorce, Mr. Henderson, I'm sure you're familiar with the procedure, but your wife, uh... ex-wife, should know it would be wise not to leave the state for a few weeks until it's finalized.
- Karen Henderson: I'm not planning to leave the state.
- John Henderson: No. She just left me. She had nothing against...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Rose Gammon: So, how did you feel?
- Jesse Stone: Awful.
- Rose Gammon: 'Awful's one word, how 'bout a sentence.
- Jesse Stone: When Jenn and I were together, I tried to pay attention to what she wanted. If she was happy, I always said to myself, 'I'm happy'... wasn't true, but I thought it oughtta be true, so, I insisted on trying to make it...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Husband number six meet husband number four.”
“- Piper: I want half.
- Dodge: Half. Fuck you, this isn't divorce.”
“- Carolyn Burnham: Don't you mess with me, mister, or I'll divorce you so fast it'll make your head spin!
- Lester Burnham: On what grounds? I'm not a drunk, I don't fuck other women, I don't mistreat you, I've never hit you... I don't even try to touch you since you've made it so abundantly clear just how unnecessary you consider me to be! But...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Divorce is an abomination. Marriage is for life.”
“- Dalai Lama, 14 Years Old: Don't you have friends and family there?
- Heinrich Harrer: A few friends, no family. Keep the light steady, your Holiness.
- Dalai Lama, 14 Years Old: Why? Is everyone dead?
- Heinrich Harrer: Do you know there's another way a sentence can be constructed than a question? I was married but I'm divorced.”
“- Sara McDowel: Why didn't you tell me you had just broke up with someone?
- Harris K. Telemacher: How do you know I just broke up with someone?
- Sara McDowel: Because when men just break up with someone, they always run around with someone much too young for them.
- Harris K. Telemacher: She's not so young. She'll be 27 in four years.”
“Does he think he just did something here? Shit. I could have had a V-8.”