Horses quotes75 horses quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“And so I grew from colt to stallion, as wild and as reckless as thunder over the land. Racing with the eagle, soaring with the wind. Flying? There were times I believed I could.”
“- Earl Bassett: No way those things can outrun these horses!
- Valentine McKee: Yeah, well, for all you know, they can fly.”
“- Walt Price: How are we coming with the dead horse scene?
- Marty Rossen: You can't actually kill the horse.
- Walt Price: Aw, fuck me!”
“Don't these things ever run out of gas?”
“- William Thacker: I enjoyed the movie very much. I was just wondering, did you ever consider having more horses in it?
- Anna Scott: Well, we would have liked to. But it was difficult, obviously, being set in space.”
“- Nathan Muir: He had this plow horse he used to work with everyday. He really loved that plow horse. One summer she came up lame. It could barely stand. The vet offered to put her down. You know what my uncle said?
- Charles Harker: No, Muir, what did he say?
- Nathan Muir: He said, why would I ask somebody else to kill a horse that belonged to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Hunter: Yes, sir I've seen them. Yes, sir I was aware that they're are all white. They are not from Portugal; they're from Spain and at birth, they're not white; they're black. Sir.
- Ramsey: I didn't know that. But they are from Portugal. Some of the things they do, uh, defy belief. Their training program is simplicity itself. You just stick...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Kind treatment makes good horses, Joe. Bad treatment ruins them.”
“You can't ride two horses with one ass.”
“- Sgt. Hastings: Do these dead men belong to you?
- Canaan: They just came with the horses.”
“The horse is too small, the jockey too big, the trainer too old, and I'm too dumb to know the difference.”
“If people knew what a comfort to horses a light hand is, and how it keeps a good mouth and a good temper...”
“There are different sorts of courage. Fighting is the lion's courage, but running is the courage of a horse. Running and jumping. A horse will do anything for you, if he's genuine and he loves you.”
“- Tito: Why are you talkin' to the horse?
- Ossie: Why not?”
- Joseph "Sport" Sullivan: You know what you feed a dray horse in the morning if you want a day's work out of him?
- Jimmy: What?
- Joseph "Sport" Sullivan: Just enough so he knows he's hungry.
“Well I've been at sea since I was one, how the hell would I know how to ride a horse?”
“I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender.”
“I hate Vietnam. There's not one horse in this whole country. There's not one horse in Vietnam. There's somethin' basically wrong with that.”
“- Racetrack Higgins: You know that hot tip I told you about?
- Jack Kelly: Yeah.
- Racetrack Higgins: Nobody told the horse.”
“In dealing with a girl or horse, one just lets nature take its course.”
“- Mattie Ross: Trust you to buy another tall horse.
- Rooster Cogburn: Yeah. He's not as game as Beau, but Stonehill says he can jump a four rail fence.
- Mattie Ross: You are too old and fat to be jumping horses.
- Rooster Cogburn: Well, come see a fat old man some time.”
“Good places make good horses.”
“I'll stomp you and the horse you ride in on.”
“- Jay Trotter: Stay on the track!
- Looney: The horse can't hear you!”