Dignity quotes54 dignity quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“That's the way we do things in this country, quietly, with dignity. That's what the rest of the world has always admired us for.”
“There is no dignity for a pilot in being grounded, Captain. That is something for sure, that I know. You see, a comrade of mine was once great pilot. Now, he sits forever in wheelchair. Shells from your F-16 have chained him to it. As you have thought, I was there. But, my missile did not kill your friend. It was unfortunate day for all of us....” (continue)(continue reading)
“Tiananmen Square boiled down to one man standing in front of a tank, that couldn't move or shoot, because human dignity was stronger than steel or bullets. It changed a nation.”
- Valentine: What did you say your name was?
- Helena: Helena.
- Valentine: Helena. Helen. Helen-nun-nuh... it's a bit drab, isn't it? You know, you should think about changing that. Go for something with a bit of dignity and style, mixed with a bit of romance. Something like... "Valentine".
- Helena: Why? What's your name?
- Valentine: Valentine.
“Our country is all that we have, and we will fight to keep it.”
“- Lilly Raines: I'd say that was safeguarding his dignity.
- Frank Horrigan: That was different. He was different.
- Lilly Raines: Maybe you were different.
- Frank Horrigan: I was different. The whole damn country was different. Everything would be different right now too if I'd been half as a paranoid as I am today.”
“To serve people takes dignity and intelligence. But remember, they are only people with money. And although we serve them, we are not their servants. What we do, Miss Ventura, does not define who we are. What defines us is how well we rise after falling.”
“When she passes, how much passes with her! A whole way of life, a way of gentleness and honor and dignity. These things are going, Henry, and they may never come back to this world.”
“I got my dignity, my pride.”
“It's so undignified... lying on your back with your legs spread out.”
“- Cooper Harris: What the hell is that?
- Jamie: It's a traveler's money belt. Frommer's says as long as you have one of these, no one can rob you of anything.
- Scott Thomas: Except your dignity.”
“- Benjamin Oliver: Wayne! Listen, we need to have a talk about Vanderhoff. The fact he's the sponsor and you signed a contract guaranteeing him certain concessions, one of them being a spot on the show.
- Wayne Campbell: [holding a Pizza Hut box] Well that's where I see things just a little differently. Contract or no, I will not bow to any...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jessie Bannister: Oh, Claudia...
- Claudia: Uh, I'm not decent.
- Jessie Bannister: Tell me something I don't know.”
“I've always been able to do this, break up with someone and never look back. Being alone: there's a certain dignity to it.”
“I hate bullys! Because bullys don't just bully you, they take away your diginity!”
“Pearl, you're history. Have the good grace to die with some fucking dignity.”
“- Sam: What is your plan? What do you want to do?
- Maggie: I just want his dignity, that's all. I want him hopeless, loveless, finished off! I just wish him ill, very very ill.”
“On any given Sunday your either gonna win or lose. The point is: can you win or lose like a man?”
“- Newsman: We were only saying a swell reporter like you wouldn't quit so easy...
- Hildy Johnson: I can quit all right without a single quiver. I'm gonna live like a human being. Not like you chumps.”
“- Danny Costanzo: He's gonna do this!
- Ray Hughes: Alright, then we let him kill us, that's what he wants anyway, there's a certain dignity in that, as long as we keep on our pants!”
“I'm a free man, and I'm going out the front door.”