Proof quotes48 proof quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Captain Malone: Was this girl raped, doc?
- Medical Examiner: There's no evidence of forcible entry.
- Leo Kessler: I could have told you that, ya know.
- Medical Examiner: On the basis of what?
- Leo Kessler: If anybody does something like this, his knife has gotta be his penis.”
“- Charlie McKay: [about the dishwasher] And you push this button. Word to the wise: don't press that till she wakes up, so she sees you doing it.
- Leopold: How clever. The proverbial tree in the woods.
- Charlie McKay: If a man washes a dish, and no one sees it...
- Charlie McKay, Leopold: Did it happen?
- Charlie McKay: Right.”
“Sometimes things are so transparency, they don't need evidential proof.”
“You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like.”
“Juries can sometimes be very stupid, and it's just as well not to worry them with more evidence than they can conveniently deal with.”
“- Philo Vance: Any one of seven people might have done it.
- Detective Heath: We couldn't convict seven people, Mr. Vance.
- Philo Vance: You couldn't convict one with the evidence you've got.”
“They can prove that Hammond came to your house at your urgent invitation. I don't know what else they can prove, but if the jury comes to the conclusion that you didn't kill Hammond in self-defense...”
“- Mr. White: How do you know all this, Joe? How do you know Mr. Orange is the informant?
- Joe Cabot: He was the only one that I wasn't 100% sure on. I should have my fuckin' head examined for going on a plan like this when I wasn't a hundred percent sure of my crew!
- Mr. White: That's your proof?
- Joe Cabot: You don't need proof when you have...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jay: You know what they say. It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
- Kay: Try it.”
“- Vincent: My God, are you going to tell me what I can and can't do now? In case you haven't noticed, I don't need anymore rescuing, but you did once.
- Anton: You didn't rescue me. I rescued myself.
- Vincent: Who are you trying to fool?
- Anton: You want me to prove it to you? Ok, I'll prove it to you!”
“- Danny Muldoon: I guess you didn't hurt cousin Jerry when you called his German wife a Nazi who probably slept with Hitler.
- Rose Muldoon: Well, there's no proof that she didn't.”
“- Chief of Police: The evidence is as clear as the nose on your face.
- Charlie Chan: Owner of nose cannot always see nose.”
“- Valerie Vomit: Ali, you ate my burger!
- Ali Gator: Oh, yeah? Prove it.
- Valerie Vomit: I can't, you ate the evidence.”
“- 1st Officer Petersen: There is the danger of colliding with the underwater mass.
- Sir Bruce Ismay: Danger? That's ridiculous. The Titanic is unsinkable.
- 1st Officer Petersen: Proof of that has not yet been provided.”
They were a group of intergalactic refugees. Wanted to the use the earth as an apolitical zone for creatures without a planet. Did you ever seen the movie "Casablanca"? Same thing, except no Nazis. We agreed, and we concealed all the evidence of their landing.
“- Carol Connelly: Do you have any control over how creepy you allow yourself to get?
- Melvin Udall: Yes I do, as a matter of fact. And to prove it, I have not gotten personal, and you have.”