Jack Nicholson quotes
“People who talk in metaphors oughta shampoo my crotch.”
“Poultry is just another way of saying chicken.”
“- Bobby Ciaro: He wants to know what you're scared of.
- Jimmy Hoffa: Tell him it's none of his fucking business.”
“The city's different at night: the air smells better, it's harder to see that the oil rigs outnumber the palm tress; it's almost like the good old days, at least the way I'd like to remember them.”
“- Aurora Greenway: I'm inviting you to come over and look at my Renoir.
- Garrett Breedlove: You're inviting me to bed.
- Aurora Greenway: It happens to be in my bedroom.
- Garrett Breedlove: Is the Renoir under the covers?
- Aurora Greenway: Don't cackle, Garrett. Do you want to see it?”
“You can't trust a guy who's never lost anything.”
“- Stuart Ullman: For some people, solitude and isolation can of itself become a problem.
- Jack Torrance: Not for me.
- Stuart Ullman: How about your wife and son? How do you think they'll take to it?
- Jack Torrance: They'll love it.”
“- Rudy: You know why people call you a bum? Because it makes them feel better when they say it.
- Francis Phelan: Well, the truth can't hurt you. If you're a bum, you're a bum.”
“I don't want to live in the past, Khan. I just don't want to lose it.”
“All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.”
“- Mark: When we're married, I want this once a week.
- Rachel: I'm never getting married again. I don't believe in marriage.
- Mark: Neither do I.”
“- Carol Connelly: We all have these terrible stories to get over, and you...
- Melvin Udall: It's not true. Some of us have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Carol Connelly: Do you have any control over how creepy you allow yourself to get?
- Melvin Udall: Yes I do, as a matter of fact. And to prove it, I have not gotten personal, and you have.”