Jonathan Rhys-Meyers quotes
“I want a divorce, and you will get one for me.”
“- Joe: Where do you normally play?
- Jesminder 'Jess' Kaur Bhamra: In the park.
- Joe: No... I meant what position?”
“I know that it's not the most honorable thing to cheat on your wife, but that does not make me a murderer.”
“It is settled. We are to war with France. Now... I can go play.”
“You think you know a story, but you only know how it ends. To get to the heart of the story, you have to go back to the beginning.”
“- Pitt Mackeson: I am going in there. I'm for certain sure going in there. I want a drink, and they have drinks in Newport.
- Jake: They'll kill you, you best stay clear out of there.
- Pitt Mackeson: I don't think so, Dutchie. I don't reckon I'll clear out of where I was born. You see that there was my hometown, and I reckon I'll go on in and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Nothing makes one so vain as being told one is a sinner!”
“Man is least himself when he talks in his own person... Give him a mask and he'll tell you the truth.”
“Woman defend themselves by attacking, just as they attack by sudden and strange surrenders.”
“- Steerpike: I did it. I admit it. I killed Flay. You know that, don't you? I killed your aunts, I burnt the library... It was me! I burnt your father's books. I drove him mad. He killed himself because of me. But I did it all for you...
- Lady Fuchsia: I hate you.
- Steerpike: I did it all so I could be in a place where you would see me.”
“Why is it that some people starve and others have so much they waste it?”
“- Brian Slade: They despised him.
- Mandy Slade: But when you're abused like that, you know you've touched the stars.”