Rules quotes411 rules quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I don't follow rules, I make them. And when necessary, I break them.”
“Sometimes we have to work outside of the rules to get what’s right. It would be nice if we didn’t have to.”
“- Molly: We haven't done anything. We haven't broken any rules.
- Amy: Okay, we've broken a lot of rules. One: We have fake IDs.
- Molly: Fake college IDs, so we can get into their 24-hour library.
- Amy: Name one person whose life was so much better because they broke a couple of rules.
- Molly: Picasso.
- Amy: He broke art rules. Name a person...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Do not speak to me of rules. This is war! This is not a game of cricket!”
“I realized it's not enough to break the rules. You have to be strong enough to make your own”
“The only way to really be cool, is to follow the rules.”
“- Mildred Hayes: What's the law on what ya can and can't say on a billboard? I assume it's ya can't say nothing defamatory, and ya can't say, 'Fuck' 'Piss' or 'Cunt'. That right?
- Red Welby: Or... Anus.
- Mildred Hayes: Well I think I'll be alright then.”
“A man doesn't tell a woman what to do. She tells herself.”
“The game is rigged, and it does not reward people who play by the rules.”
“Nothing is true, everything is permitted.”
“- Sheriff Burnett: Set a wagon outside of town and put as much food on it as you can spare. If they eat, they'll behave. And you women, all of you, stay inside. Understand? Now let's get moving. C'mon.
- Henry Pollicut: Fill a wagon. So now, these bandits gotta be fought with bread and butter. When are we gonna see some law and common sense in...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I'll make you a deal: you don't tell me how to pirate, and I don't tell you how to captain.”
“In the ring, you got rules. Outside, you got nothing. Life hits you with all these cheap shots. People like me, we live in the past. You got people that need you now. You got everything to lose, this guy has got nothing to lose.”
“- Eddie Brock: I have absolutely no problem with you sticking around, but if you do, we're gonna have some ground rules, all right? You cannot just go around eating anybody that you want to.
- Venom: I cannot?
- Eddie Brock: No, you cannot. All right, we need to... We need to reiterate this. There are good people in this world, a lot of them....” (continue)(continue reading)
Most kids grow up with "don't fight me", "do your homework", "eat your dinner", "keep off the grass". Now for the first time this kid has found somebody who doesn't give a shit about the rules. A friend who probably listens to him, who scares him, he likes him, and who definitely never says, "what the hell do you know, you're just a kid". They... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Parking Attendant: You can't park your car here.
- Raoul Duke: Why not? Is this not a reasonable place to park?
- Parking Attendant: Reasonable? You're on a sidewalk! This is the sidewalk!”