Rules quotes411 rules quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I don't have any rules 'couse I would always be breaking them so it would be a waste of time.”
“- Mr. Funderberk: These are the rules, listen carefully: no smoking, no drinking, no drugs, no sex, no cheating, no lying, no gambling, no matches.
- Tim Dunphy: No, shit!
- Mr. Funderberk: No swearing.”
“Gentlemen, you know the rules - there are no rules. This is a fight to the finish. The first man who's dead loses.”
“The three keys of coolness in high school: one: don’t try hard at anything. Okay? Two: make fun of people who do try. Three: be handsome. Four: if anyone steps you on the first day of school, you punch them directly in the face. Five: drive a kick-ass car.”
“Don't give me no rules. All I got are rules.”
“Mr Hunter, we have rules that are not open to interpretation, personal intuition, gut feelings, hairs on the back of your neck, little devils or angels sitting on your shoulder. We're all very well aware of what our orders are and what those orders mean. They come down from our Commander in Chief. They contain no ambiguity.”
- "Candy" Johnson: We're gonna play a little game called committing suicide.
- Brazos Hearn: What are the rules?
- "Candy" Johnson: One of us shoots himself.
- Brazos Hearn: And the other?
- "Candy" Johnson: Laughs his sides off.
“There's too many rules in this house.”
“- Dr. Kate McTiernan: Why am I here?
- Det. Nick Ruskin: You're here to fall in love, to experience love. But now I need you to listen very carefully, and take what I say very seriously, alright? Don't try to escape. Don't cry out for help. And do not try any of your kickboxing. Now I'll do what I can to help you not break these rules, but if...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The First Law of the Varda is to use greater force against itself.”
“I like to have a regimen. I don't like to be fancy free.”
“The formula is the star. I couldn't work inside that formula.”
“The Institute's code of honor is a simple one. A cadet will not lie, cheat, steal, nor tolerate those who do. It is a simple code, but it is a stern code. There are no second chanceshere. One is either an honorable man or one is not! And the Institute does not forgive. Make no mistake, gentlemen. Life here is hard. But the Institute's unique...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Kate: What are we going to do about work?
- Nick: What we always do. You tell me what to do and then I'll go behind your back and do whatever I want.”