Rules quotes411 rules quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“We both have our codes, Vanya. Yours, one of the State. Mine, one of thieves.”
“- Niki Lauda: Do you fly?
- James Hunt: No.
- Niki Lauda: You should try. It's good for discipline. You have to stay within the rules, stick with regulations, suppress the ego. It helps with the racing.”
“- Lefty: There's the boss. And, under him, there's the skipper. You know how this works?
- Donnie Brasco: Yeah, it's like in the army.
- Lefty: Bullshit. The army is some guy you don't know telling you to go whack some other guy you don't know.”
“Anyone including the main character can die. This means you, Syd. I'm sorry. It's the final chapter. It could be fucking 'Reservoir Dogs' by the time this thing is through.”
“Gentlemen? It is my job to keep you alive on this expedition, and I need your help to do that. Since I don't have time to properly train you, I'm laying down three simple rules. One: no one goes anywhere alone, ever. Two: everyone must maintain constant communication. Three: unexpected things are gonna happen. When they do, no one tries to be a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Phillip Elliott: Jo Bob is here to remind us that the biggest and the baddest get to make all the rules.
- Charlotte Caulder: I don't agree with that.
- Phillip Elliott: Agreeing doesn't play into it.”
“They can do anything they want to do, can't they? They can tell us anything, or not tell us anything, and we can't do anything, or say anything! We haven't got one single lousy human right!”
“- Referee: You are here on a matter of honor. I am here to see that you settle it honorably. There will be no back-stabbing, you will not throw your blades, nor will you use weapons other than those agreed. If quarter should be asked...
- Robert Roy MacGregor: No quarter will be asked.
- Archibald Cunningham: Or given.”
“Freedom... is the ability to challenge yourself far beyond the constraints of traditional rule and order.”
“Say what you mean, mean what you say. You know that if everybody followed that rule, there'd be a lot less trouble?”
“I want rules... and boundaries... because... what I've learned is that... without them... all life is... is a series of surprises.”
“I got three rules: one, shit happens; two, shit happens on a regular basis; and three, you better get used to rule one and two.”
“- Raymond 'Ray' Adams: I think I might love her.
- Darrell: Love! You forgot the rule. Players don't feel. That's like a pimp with a health plan.”
- Barbara: "Rule number two: the living usually won't see the dead".
- Adam: Won't or can't?
- Barbara: It just says "won't". God, this book is so stupid. I can't understand anything in it.
- Adam: Barb, honey... we're dead. I don't think we have very much to worry about anymore.
“Rule number one: do not get caught.”