Rules quotes411 rules quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Banks: I'm the Daddyhere, I run this wing. You pay yer dues like the rest. Payday, you deliver a quarter of your snout to Stripey 'ere, every week on the dot.
- Davis: I don't smoke.
- Banks: You fuckin' well do now, slag! There's no dolly mixtures here, poofter! I'm the Daddy and don't you ever forget it, right?”
“- Nicole: Would you like me to stay behind and help you?
- Clouseau: That is a generous offer, Nicole. But I am quite sensitive to office gender politics. And in today's world, the slightest gesture can be misinterpreted as harrasment. And it is late, and I would prefer not to put you or me into that delicate situation.”
“There is a certain combination of anarchy and discipline in the way I work.”
“- Danny: We're mates. You can't sleep with your mates, it's one of the unwritten rules of the moral code of mateship.
- Sam: I didn't know there were any unwritten rules of the moral code of mateship.
- Danny: Oh yeah, they're the biggies. No sleeping with a mate, no sleeping with a mate's girlfriend, no urinating on a mate's car. It's column of...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Joe Dirt: There are three rules when dealin' with a deadly alligator. And yes, they are deadly, don't kid yaself. Rule number one, I'm number one. Ya hear that, I like ta kid around. Rule two, the croc's number two. Now before I begin...
- Kid at Gator Farm: Hey, what's rule three?
- Joe Dirt: What's that? Kid, give me a break now.
- Kid at...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Major Biggs: There are rules and Marines are sworn to uphold them.
- Childers: I was not going to stand by and see another Marine die just to live by those fucking rules.”
“Method actors give you a photograph. Real actors give you an oil painting.”
“No one leaves the house anymore. No one has sex. The Net is ultimate condom.”
“- Candace Pennington: Did you ever box?
- Jesse Stone: Oh, I don't box, I fight.
- Candace Pennington: What's the difference?
- Jesse Stone: Rules.”
“She'll grow up just like her mother. Marry, raise children and honor her family. Spend her youth in needlepoint and rue the day she was born a girl. And when she dies, she'll wonder why she obeyed all the rules of God and Country for no biblical hell could ever be worse than a state of perpetual inconsequence.”
“A good fight should be like a small play, but played seriously. A good martial artist does not become tense, but ready. Not thinking, yet not dreaming. Ready for whatever may come. When the opponent expands, I contract. When he contracts, I expand. And when there is an opportunity, I do not hit. It hits all by itself.”
“Rule number two: no names.”
“Of course there are standards! Otherwise, a tacky velvet painting could be equated to a Rembrandt! There are standards! Technique, composition, color, even subject.”
“Nobody knows the rules better than you, Spock, but sometimes exceptions have to be made!”
“No judgements. No rules. Just us.”
“Fact is, the law says you cannot touch! But I think I see a lotta lawbreakers up in this house tonight...”
“Sometimes there's no lesson. That's a lesson in itself.”
“- Ruth Harrison: Sit down!
- Mrs. Evelyn Dice: In my house, I'll sit when I'm good and ready!”
“Obedience without question.”
“Never let a man spend the night, she said. Never apologize, never explain.”
“It doesn't matter if you think you're not ripe! This is Rabbit's garden, and Rabbit does his harvesting by the book!”