Bette Davis quotes
“- Mrs. Van Schuyler: Shut up, Bowers. Just because you've got a grudge against her, or rather her father, no need to be uncivil.
- Miss Bowers: Grudge? Melhuish Ridgeway ruined my family!
- Mrs. Van Schuyler: Well, you should be grateful. If he hadn't, you would have missed out on the pleasure of working for me.
- Miss Bowers: I could kill her...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- David Graham: Help me to prove that he was responsible for this and I'll put him where he won't kill anybody.
- Mary Dwight Strauber: You don't know what he's like! He stops at nothing. People just disappear and are never heard of again. I don't want that to happen to me.”
“- Kit Marlowe: If you'd just look at Millie's activities as confession of weakness, an admission that there's something essentially lacking in her nature, you'd find it a little touching and love her.
- Preston Drake: You sound like one of Millie's books.”
“- Mrs. Van Schuyler: You perfectly foul French upstart!
- Hercule Poirot: Belgian upstart, please, madame.”
“It has been my experience that one cannot, in any shape or form, depend on human relations for lasting reward. It is only work that truly satisfies.”
“I'm my mother's well-loved daughter. I'm her companion. I am my mother's servant.”
“- Leslie Crosbie: You won't have to show Bob the letter, will you?
- Howard Joyce: I'll do everything possible to prevent him from seeing it. He'll be an important witness and he should be as firmly convinced of your innocence as he is now.”
“I would have married you any day of my life!”
“From the moment I was six I felt sexy. And let me tell you it was hell, sheer hell, waiting to do something about it.”
“Attempt the impossible in order to improve your work.”
“There goes the famous good time that was had by all.”
“The next time you do not want to see anybody, just let me know, and I'll usher them right in.”
“Love is not enough. It must be the foundation, the cornerstone - but not the complete structure. It is much too pliable, too yielding.”
“Nothing can hurt us now. What we have can't be destroyed. That's our victory - our victory over the dark. It is a victory because we're not afraid.”
“You're not even good enough for the cuss words I know.”
“- Gabrielle Maple: Your wife must have treated you terribly.
- Alan Squier: Why do you say that?
- Gabrielle Maple: She took all the heart out of you. I could put it back.”
“Don't you pull any of your tricks on me, because I'm on to every one of them. So lay off.”
“There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne.”
“What good's ridin' and fightin' these days? What does it get ya?”