Appearance quotes858 appearance quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I look like a gorilla, just the way I'm built.”
“Have you seen what it's like out there, Murray? Do you ever actually leave the studio? Everybody just yells and screams at each other. Nobody's civil anymore. Nobody thinks what it's like to be the other guy. You think men like Thomas Wayne ever think what it's like to be someone like me? To be somebody but themselves? They don't. They think...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Arthur Fleck: Murray, one small thing?
- Murray Franklin: Yeah?
- Arthur Fleck: When you bring me out, can you introduce me as Joker?”
“- Carmen Sternwood: You're not very tall, are you?
- Marlowe: Well, I, uh, I tried to be.”
“I always wanted to become an astronaut, for the future of mankind and all. At least, that’s what I always told myself. I see myself from the outside. Smile, present a side. It’s a performance, with my eye on the exit. Always on the exit. Just don’t touch me.”
“- Veda: It's the dress. It's awfully cheap material. I can tell by the smell.
- Kay Pierce: What did you expect? Want it inlaid with gold?
- Veda: Well, it seems to me, if you're buying anything, it should be the best. This is definitely not the best.
- Kay Pierce: Oh, quit. You're breakin' my heart.”
“You think just because you made a little money you can get a new hairdo and some expensive clothes and turn yourself into a lady. But you can't, because you'll never be anything but a common frump whose father lived over a grocery store and whose mother took in washing.”
“- Rick Dalton: You want me to look like a hippie?
- Sam Wanamaker: Think less hippie, more Hells Angel. Wroom! Wroom-wroom!”
“- Bruce Lee: You know, you're kinda pretty for a stuntman.
- Cliff Booth: That's what they tell me.”
“- Donald Horner: So am I different to what you expected?
- Emily Walters: Hmm. Perhaps. You seem...
- Donald Horner: Go on.
- Emily Walters: Cleaner.
- Donald Horner: That's honest.”
“- David: Come here, Marie. Come. Look in the mirror. You're beautiful. Perhaps even more than when we were together. But you've changed and I want you to see how. Now your eyes cast quick, calculating, side glances. You used to look ahead straightforwardly, openly, without disguise. Your mouth has a slightly hungry, dissatisfied expression. It...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Walter White: Jesse, look at me, you are a blow fish.
- Jesse Pinkman: What?
- Walter White: A blow fish, think about it. Small in stature, not swift, not cunning, easy prey for predators. But the blow fish has a secret weapon, doesn't he? Doesn't he? What does the blow fish do, Jesse? What does the blow fish do?
- Jesse Pinkman: I don't even...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Being in nature is very important to me. I'm not a glamour puss.”
“- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Which one makes me look more like a Harvard man?
- Martin Ginsburg: I’m thrilled to report that you look nothing like a Harvard man.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Seriously, it’s the dean’s dinner, Marty. You know how I am at these things. I need to make a good impression.
- Martin Ginsburg: And you will, Kiki, but you’ve got it...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You don't have to be just the sex kitten. You can be a sexy, feminine woman, but also have a strong voice and be a warrior, at the same time.”
“- Max Medici: Why me? Why me? A face only a mother could love.
- Miss Atlantis: Sir, many of us find you handsome.
- Max Medici: I was talking about the elephant!”
“- V. A. Vandevere: Uh, Max, if you don’t mind my asking, where did you come upon the animal?
- Max Medici: He hails from the far east.
- V. A. Vandevere: How far?
- Max Medici: Far.
- Neils Skellig: He doesn’t look like magic to me.
- Holt Farrier: Well, what the heck can you tell by appearances, right?”
“I wonder whether your madness isn't the worst kind. You act healthy, act it so well that everyone believes you--everyone except me, because I know how rotten you are.”
“- Josh: Is that woman choking?
- Natalie: No, she's just being dramatic. I choke all the time.”
“- Whitney: Tough, but fair.
- Natalie: Just like my leg hair.”
“You have an unfortunate way of expressing yourself.”
“- Madame Liang: What did he look like?
- Wang Chi-Yang: Who?
- Madame Liang: The robber.
- Wang Chi-Yang: Dont ask me what he looked like! All white men look alike!”