Joseph Fiennes quotes
“Every love story is a tragedy if you wait long enough.”
“Better never means better for everyone. It always means worse for some.”
“- Adam Tallis: If you trusted me... you wouldn't be in this position, Alice.
- Alice: I just... I just wanted to know more about you... I wanted to know your past. And I wanted to know your stories. I just thought if I knew more... that I could love you more. I know the only thing that matters is us together. I know that. Because when you're not...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Robert Dudley, Earl of Leicester: You will be Elizabeth, Queen of England. A court to worship you, a country to obey you, poems written celebrating your beauty, music composed in your honor, and they will mean nothing to you. I will mean nothing to you.
- Elizabeth I: How could you ever be nothing to me? You know you are everything to me.”
When I first arrived in Hollywood, I met a studio executive who said, "Loved your work, Joe". When I asked what he had seen me in, he said, "Nothing".
“We spend our lives searching for our other half.”
“A broad river divides my lovers: family, duty, fate. As unchangeable as nature.”
“- Robert Dudley, Earl of Leicester: You blush, Lady Knollys. Are you in love?
- Isabel Knollys: No, my lord.
- Robert Dudley, Earl of Leicester: Then you should be, or waste all that beauty.”
“Love denied blights the soul we owe to God.”
“- Proteus: Do you have a plan?
- Sinbad: Uh... how about try not to get killed?”
“Remember who you are. Do not be afraid of them.”
I think he's a genius. Like when I was your age, and I'd have a rage seizure, he'd put on music to lower my blood pressure. Nat King Cole. "Stardust". Revolutionary sort of stuff, you know? Worked everytime.
- Neil Bookman: "The Angry Nun" by Neil Bookman: "Bitch! Whore of Jesus! Dressed in black, you do not bleed, like a woman should bleed between the legs! But with your ruler, your crucifix of hatred, you strike my tender flesh! I bleed for you! Oh, mother".
- Deirdre Burroughs: Good anger! It ended exactly at the right moment.
“- Commisar Danilov: Where have you been? We've been looking all over for you.
- Vassili: Oh, did you hear? I was dead. At least, Noble Sniper Zeitsev, Vassili was dead.”
“- Adam Tallis: It's been two years, and it doesn't go away.
- Alice: I live with someone.
- Adam Tallis: But you're here.
- Alice: I have to go.”
“- Neil Bookman: Why won't you let me live in this house and be a part of this family?
- Dr. Finch: Because I am the patriarch! And when the patriarch says jump, you jump, goddamnit! You don't co-operate, Neil, and for that, you're punished!”
“I'd just been knocked unconscious and now an American, who'd never driven a stick shift, was driving my car down the wrong side of the road.”
“When I get nervous, I never say anything. I just sit there and get uptight.”
“Here, the men's only choice is between German bullets and ours. But there's another way. The way of courage. The way of love of the Motherland. We must publish the army newspaper again. We must tell magnificent stories, stories that extol sacrifice, bravery. We must make them believe in the victory. We must give them hope, pride, a desire to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Viola De Lesseps: I would not have thought it: there is something better than a play!
- Will Shakespeare: There is.
- Viola De Lesseps: Even your play.
- Will Shakespeare: Hmm?
- Viola De Lesseps: And that was only my first try.”