“The General's Daughter” quotes(1999)
Plot – Captain Elisabeth Campbell is found dead: the position of her body suggests a rape but subsequent studies indicate that she was brutally murdered. The investigations are entrusted to Paul Brenner, a sergeant with the role of detective located in the base of Savannah. He is sided by a psychologist, Sarah Sunhill, and his job will be tough as General Campbell, Elisabeth's father, suggests Brenner that the interests of the army come first.
All actors – John Travolta, Madeleine Stowe, James Cromwell, Timothy Hutton, Leslie Stefanson, Daniel von Bargen, Clarence Williams III, James Woods, Peter Weireter, Mark Boone Junior, John Beasley, Boyd Kestnershow all
“The General's Daughter” Quotes 31 quotes
“- Kent: Well, you ought to start getting alibis.
- Brenner: Okay, how about you?
- Kent: Home in bed when the tower called.
- Brenner: Ah-ha!
- Kent: Fuck off, Paul. Where were you last night?
- Brenner: I was too busy killing someone else. I didn't have time to kill two people.”
“You and I have known fear together, shed blood together, battled pain and suffering and all of their foot soldiers. We know there is no glamour in sudden death and that no one ever wins a war, and it is that knowledge that will bind us together forever. That, and a love for this country that no bayonet can pierce, no bullet shatter.”
“- Brenner: Where were you?
- Colonel Robert Moore: Snug in bed.
- Brenner: Witnesses? A wife, girlfriend, roommate, hooker?
- Colonel Robert Moore: I'm divorced. I'm between girlfriends, I live alone and I do not use hookers. I actually have... absolutely no alibi whatsoever. Does that make me a killer?
- Brenner: No. Makes you lonely and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I think this was a woman giving it out all over the post, and the one man who cared about her, the one who's willing to risk it all for her, is the person she doesn't want. And that's because she couldn't want anybody.”
“- Colonel Robert Moore: Wouldn't it behoove me to retain the services of an attorney? I know a good one.
- Brenner: Two problems there. First the obvious. There are no good ones. Second... you're not a civilian, Colonel, you're in the army. You have no rights to an attorney. You have no right to remain silent. And if you don't cooperate, I may...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Brenner: Did you... play together?
- Colonel Robert Moore: What a truly excellent question. You see, here at Psy Ops, that's one of the things that we teach - Threatening quietly. Think of the echoes inherent in those four simple words. "Did you... Play together?". Did you go out with her? Did you fuck her? Did you love her? If you did... Did... (continue)(continue reading)
“Golly dang. If you like piña coladas and gettin' caught in the rain, I may just have to marry you, Captain.”
“- Brenner: I'm gonna say that in my report, that you knew she was out there, that you went out and talked to her and left her there to die.
- Lt. Gen. Joseph Campbell: You don't have the balls.
- Brenner: Oh, you're wrong, sir... because that's just about all I have left.”
“- Kent: Come up with anything yet?
- Brenner: No. Just a preliminary list of suspects.
- Kent: Already. Who?
- Brenner: Everyone.”
“Better one unreported and unvindicated rape than to shake the foundations of West Point... to cast suspicion on a thousand soldiers who did not gang-rape a woman that night. All you have to do is convince your daughter that she, the academy, the Army, and the cause of equality would be best served if she just forgot about the whole thing. These...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Brenner: You think silence will save your ass.
- Colonel Robert Moore: My ass, as you so delicately put it, is already in a sling, is it not?
- Brenner: You mean the sex tapes.
- Colonel Robert Moore: You're good. Mmm. You're good. Great question. Almost any answer incriminates me, doesn't it?
- Brenner: That's why I like it.”
“I once asked Moore what's worse than rape. Now I know. Betrayal.”
“Bob could no sooner have killed himself than I could pull a chicken out of my ear. But these nefarious types, they don't get that. You know, they don't understand that. Affairs of the heart. Way beyond them.”
“Unclench your ass cheeks, Dalbert. The scary part is over.”