Existence quotes87 existence quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Mosquito: What if, like, we're just these tiny things... and we're just, like, part of this whole other huge universe... that's, like, so big we don't even know it exists?
- Lady Bug Passing By: Man, that is so deep.”
“Relatively soon, I will die. Maybe in 20 years, maybe tomorrow, it doesn't matter. Once I am dead and everyone who knew me dies too, it will be as though I never existed. What difference has my life made to anyone. None that I can think of. None at all.”
“The T-Rex exists on the planet for the first time in tens of millions of years and the only way you can express yourself is to kill it?”
“I wonder if existence as a woman is worthwhile at all.”
“I am before, I am before before. Before death is eternity, after death is eternity, there is no death - there is only eternity.”
“- Neal: What about Santa's reindeer? Have you ever seen a reindeer fly?
- Charlie: Yes.
- Neal: Well, I haven't.
- Charlie: Have you ever seen a million dollars?
- Neal: No.
- Charlie: Just because you can't see something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.”
“I see angels. Because there is another force at work here. There has always been. It's undeniable. Whether we want to call that God, or Gods, or some sublime inspiration, or a divine force that we can't know or understand, it doesn't matter. It's here, it exists, and our two destinies are entwined in its force.”
“Maybe fun is just fragments of existence with better packaging.”
“- Young Girl: I understand you studied philosophy at school.
- Sandy Bates: Uh, no, that's not true. I did take - I took one course in existential philosophy at, uh... at New York University, and on the final... they gave me ten questions, and I couldn't answer a single one of 'em. You know? I left 'em all blank... I got a hundred.”
“- Louis: Where are we?
- Lestat: Where do you think, my idiot friend? We're in a nice, filthy cemetery. Does this make you happy? Is this fitting, proper enough?
- Louis: We belong in hell.
- Lestat: And what if there is no hell, or they don't want us there? Ever think of that?
- Louis: But there was a hell, and no matter where we moved to, I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“God exists but he's no longer loved so he hides away to conceal his broken heart.”
“I should get my hair cut short. Stop trying to fool myself and everyone else into thinking I have a full head of hair. How pathetic is that? Just be real. Confident. Isn't that what women are attracted to?”
“I killed myself so many times I don't even exist anymore.”
“I can't exist by myself because I'm afraid of myself, because I'm the maker of my own evil.”
You don't exist; you were never even born. Anonymity is your name. Silence your native tongue. You're no longer part of the System. You're above the System. Over it. Beyond it. We're "Them". We're "They". We are the Men in Black.
“The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist.”
“That's the whole excuse for our existence? It's what makes the whole thing possible and tolerable.”
“I think, therefore you is.”
“- Brian: I don't believe that. Life can't just come to a stop.
- Johnny: I'm not saying that life will end or the world will end, or the universe will cease to exist. But man will cease to exist! Just like the dinosaurs passed into extinction, the same thing will happen to us! We're not fucking important! We're just a crap idea!”
“- Jay: You joined the wrong organization. You ever hear of James Edwards?
- Agent Tee: No.
- Jay: He saved the lives of fifteen people tonight. But nobody knows he exists. And if nobody knows he exists, how can anybody love him?”